Does AWO extensions fill this scenario?

• Default avatar
    zabadu    
     12 years ago

Hello,

My commercial website is running Joomla 1.5.23, and VM 1.1.5 (some customization occured, particularly in ps_order).

One of my partners wants to know if I can setup a system that:
    * would allow their clients to be directed from their website to my shop, and _automatically_ get a discount coupon, valid for ONE particular category of products
    * would allow the aforementioned coupon to be usable only once per customer
    * would allow the partner to get a commission back on sales for the same unique product category
    * would allow the partner to get access to a frontend component displaying sales statistics

Do your plugins and components allow this out-of-the-box?

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

To answer each of your points:

* would allow their clients to be directed from their website to my shop, and _automatically_ get a discount coupon, valid for ONE particular category of products
    - no you would need customization to do this
    * would allow the aforementioned coupon to be usable only once per customer
    - yes, you can create a coupon that is usable once per customer
    * would allow the partner to get a commission back on sales for the same unique product category
    - using AwoCoupon Affiliate, you can associate a coupon with a partner and anytime that coupon is used, the commission is recorded and tracked
    * would allow the partner to get access to a frontend component displaying sales statistics
    - yes, in AwoCoupon Affiliate, there are frontend statistics
    https://awodev.com/products/joomla/awoaffiliate
  • Default avatar
    zabadu    
     12 years ago

Thanks seyi for your fast and precise answers, I'm seriously considering buying both components.

>> would allow their clients to be directed from their website to my shop, and _automatically_ get a discount coupon, valid for ONE particular category of products

> no you would need customization to do this

Do you mean: both features (ie 1= coupon valid for one category of products, 2 = coupon automatically created upon registration)?

Another way would be to create a static coupon code in AWOCoupon, that would be given by my affiliate to its clients. Security issues arise, of course, as this coupon code may be publicly disclosed and used by indelicate customers.

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Within AwoCoupon Pro, you can create a coupon that is valid for 1 or more categories of products. I meant that you would need customization for the coupon to be automatically registered. The customization itself should not be that bad. Its just creating a simple component that captures the coupon code into a session variable and redirects to virtuemart shop. Then within virtuemart when an item is added to the cart check that session variable and add the coupon code.
  • Default avatar
    zabadu    
     12 years ago

Thanks for your answer and the great (pre-sales) support, again! The customization shouldn't be hard, as you said.

Cheers