One or several coupons for one product category only

• Default avatar
    thomas7    
     12 years ago

Hi,
    I have the following problem:

- I will accept coupons for 1 specific product category only
    - This category contains 7 different products.
    - Each product costs EUR 158.-
    - Each coupon has a value of EUR 158.- (=1 free product)
    - A customer can have one or several coupons, all coupons have an individual coupon code (= 1 free product per code)
    - The customer can also give away one or several coupons to friends
    - I do not know the customer(s) yet.

During the purchase I would need to have the following:
    - The customer can buy one or several products
    - he can buy several of the same product or several different products (i.e. 2x prod. A, 1xprod. B = 3xEUR 158.-)
    - Customer should be allowed to use 1 or several of his coupons for his purchase.

How can I manage this? Thanks in advance for your inputs...

Best regards, Thomas
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi Thomas,

You can setup a coupon as such:
    - Function: Coupon (Category)
    - Discount type: specific
    - Percent or Amount: Amount
    - Value: 158
    - Number of Uses: 1 Total
    - Select the specific Category

This should give you the coupon you need. The only downside is in one shopping session, you can use a coupon only once (a limitation of Virtuemart). So the customer cannot enter several coupons.
  • Default avatar
    thomas7    
     12 years ago

Hi,
    Thank you for the help. The main problem ist that I need to be able to accept several coupons in one shopping session... :( Do you know about a hack to add the coupons after each other (like: AAAA;BBBB;CCCC) in order to subtract several coupons in one purchase?
    That would be a nice feature for virtuemart, I have seen so many questions (and no solutions) to this...
    Cheers, Thomas
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Since it is not supported by Virtuemart, it is not supported within AwoCoupon either. To get this to work, AwoCoupon would have to be customized.

If this is a must, then send me a private message with your coupon requirements and maybe we can come up with a customized solution.