Coupon - applicable across a product range?

• Default avatar
    Mark Clarke    
     12 years ago

Hi

I'm a Volusion cart user ( Avoid - Avoid - Avoid ), looking to move over to VirtueMart

Before I do, I have been looking into a solution that I can't resolve in Volusion

I would like to use a 100% discount code - as per Groupon and other pre-pay promotions

I would like to have them usable across a range of products / categories - as opposed to one specific item

I would like the chosen item to have free shipping as part of the Coupon deal

I would like to be able to have multiple coupons in the same shopping session

Is this possible?

Thank You!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi Mark, sounds like you are having some problems. For your questions, I will address each one separately as is relevant to AwoCoupon Pro:

I would like to use a 100% discount code - as per Groupon and other pre-pay promotions
    == yes you can create 100% discount coupons, im not sure what you mean by the Groupon comment

I would like to have them usable across a range of products / categories - as opposed to one specific item
    == yes you can create a coupon that is valid for multiple products or categories, even with the free version

I would like the chosen item to have free shipping as part of the Coupon deal
    == yes you can create free shipping coupons

I would like to be able to have multiple coupons in the same shopping session
    == no, this is a limitation of virtuemart, you cannot use multiple coupons in one session. With AwoCoupon pro, you can create parent coupons, where you can join multiple coupons into 1. Its not the same, but in the ballpark
  • Default avatar
    Maria    
     12 years ago

Hi

Regarding the post above and specifically:

== yes you can create a coupon that is valid for multiple products or categories, even with the free version

The coupon needs to be 'one time use' against any of the products within the category, I can see that's possible.
    If a customer however puts another product within the range in the basket will the discount apply to both or just one?

This is the problem encountered with Volusion, despite being 'one time use' & 'discount off a product' the reality is it will allow an infinite number of products within the range & apply the discount to all.

Hoping for some good news:))

Thank you.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Good news, you can restrict the number of products that get discounted using the value definition field.