[Resolved] Email gift voucher to recipient

• Default avatar
    tom    
     12 years ago

There really needs to be a section that once a gift voucher is pleased in the cart that you can add there email address and name as well as a short message to be added to the gift voucher and then sent. So that once the voucher has been paid the email nominated gets the voucher.

I will pay for someone to do this.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

this is planned for the next release using the custom attribute function of Virtuemart. One difference though, the user would have to enter the name/email on the product detail page before adding the item to the cart.

Send me a private message if you want to test drive it before it is released.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

now available in version 1.4.0
  • Default avatar
    gerritkrijnen    
     12 years ago

How do we exactly use this function?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store#recipient
  • Default avatar
    gerritkrijnen    
     12 years ago

• Default avatar
    stephan6    
     12 years ago

This worked perfectly
    now I am using Version 2 and have to use a template for each certificate and a template requires a value. The custom fields in VM are very different. Is there a new manual out?
    I just find this https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

This should help with the custom fields for vm2:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/virtuemart-2-version-question#comment-2465

Will get the blog updated.
  • Default avatar
    stephan6    
     12 years ago

I have created 3 custom fields in VM2 as type "cart variant" - then I assigned the fields to the products.
    I added the IDs in the configuration of Awo. See attachment - but no email sent to recipient.
    One more advise .. at the very beginning no voucher was created with my own template. Then I found out that I works with a pre-installed template. The only difference I found was that my text field was empty. Then I just wrote one word in the text field and yep it works now.

Custom Attribute Recipient Name Field: 15
    Custom Attribute Recipient Email Field:14
    Custom Attribute Recipient Message Field:13
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

so you got it working? If it didnt send to your recipient did it send to your customer? If so verify the custom id with the value you put in for the recipient in AwoCoupon. If it is not a valid email, it automatically sends to the customer instead.
  • Default avatar
    stephan6    
     12 years ago

yes i got everything working in exception of the recipient mail custom fields.
    lessons learned so far:
    1.) one template for each value of the certificate
    2.) text field in profiles can not be empty and now error msg is thrown. the only one was when purchasing the certificate a warning that you have to put a valid email address.

regarding custom fields: voucher is always send to purchaser and not you recipient. I have double checked the IDs.

thanks for the great product and support
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I would suggest you look directly in the database at table jos_virtuemart_customs and make sure the virtuemart_custom_id of the recipient corresponds to what you put into the software.
  • Default avatar
    stephan6    
     12 years ago

I checked directly in the db and the IDs are matching

16 0 1 0 0 0 Mensaje Mensaje al beneficiario V 0 0 0 0 0 1
    14 0 1 0 0 0 Correo Correo electronico de beneficiario V 0 0 0 0 0 1
    15 0 1 0 0 0 Nombre
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

something must be off somewhere, and without seeing your seeing your db/config I do not have an idea what it could be.

If you pm me temp admin and ftp access I can look at it.