[Resolved] Ability to create Gift Certificate in back-end

• Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

I'd like to see the ability to create and send a Gift Certificate added to the back-end. This would allow me to specify any dollar amount without having to create a set of "gift certificate" products with varying prices. It would also allow me to send these certificates as gifts without the customer initiating the process. Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

You can already create gift certificates in the back end by going to Awocoupon->new and selecting a function type of 'Gift Certificate'. There is no utility to email it out though, so that would have to be done manually.
  • Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

Yes, the ability to both create AND email the gift certificate is what I'm looking for. This would also solve the issue of a customer wanting a certificate of an "odd amount" - say $175. I can tell them to just purchase a $100, $50 & $25 certificate, but they can't use more than one on a given order. With this change, I can send them a PayPal invoice and then just send it to them manually - no need to go through the ordering process on my site.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Creating a gift certificate backend is now possible.