[Resolved] Free shipping required

• Default avatar
    adam.osbourne    
     12 years ago

I'm trying to create a coupon which takes off the shipping on a product (I am using virtuemart shipping rates) but it's not working. I've read a few other posts but can't seem to get it to work though I have read this is achievable. When I enter the coupon code it says coupon not found.

The reason I purchased this product was to apply shipping coupons, is there an easy fix?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I think you need to debug why the coupon is failing.

In admin->awocoupon->configuration is a list of the error messages. They all say 'coupon not found'. Change each one to something identifiable and try the coupon again on the front end. You should have a clearer picture of why the coupon is failing.
  • Default avatar
    adam.osbourne    
     12 years ago

Error is 'No shipping selected'. Not sure why this is the error as there is only one shipping method available (this is a radio button which means it's always selected). Though this does vary on product weight but that changes automatically depending on which product is selected.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

are you putting in the coupon before selecting the shipper? If you want that ability on the configuration page of AwoCoupon you can set it to allow shipping coupons before the shipping is selected. This is disabled by default.
  • Default avatar
    adam.osbourne    
     12 years ago

I just enabled this option and it's working fine now, thanks for your help.