Shipping Coupon Code question

• Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     13 years ago

I have a client who wants to have a coupon code that allows anyone who makes a purchase of $250 or more to have free shipping. How do I set this in Pro? I have version 1.2.3 right now.

Is it even possible? I really hope so.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Yes, you can create a coupon with a function type of shipping and enter a minimum value of 250 and a value of 100%.
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     13 years ago

Ah. Thank you very much!
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

This didn't work. When I enter in the Code, it gives a Coupon Discount of -0.00. Now I understand it saying this before the Shipping Method, but after, it stays the same.

Subtotal: $1 497.50
    ------------------------------------------
    Shipping and Handling Fee: $257.45
    Tax Total: $0.00
    Coupon Discount: - $0.00
    Total: $1 754.95

What am I doing wrong?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

What are your coupon parameters? Did you select specific shippers or leave that blank? Also you should check the installation check page and make sure everything needed is installed.
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

EDIT: Okay it's working sort of.

I had something over $250 shipping and it took it all off. But now I just made the shipping $96.93 and it's taking all of that off as well. It's only supposed to take out all shipping when the Shipping order is over $250.

These are the settings I currently have.

Coupon Code Function Type Value Type Value Number of Uses Minimum Value Discount Type Customers Asset Start Date Expiration Exclude Published ID
    Display #
    1 SHIP250 Coupon (Shipping) Percent 100.00 Unlimited 250.00 -- All [ Customers ] All [ Shipping ]
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

Alright new update. Sorry for all of the updates.

I noticed that when I start fresh, meaning a whole new cart with the shipping below $250, it doesn't find the coupon which is good.

But say I enter in something in the cart where the shipping will be $250 or over. The coupon will work. Again, good so far.

Now say I'm past shipping and I decide to change my order because I noticed on confirmation or entering my credit card that I ordered too many. So the shipping total is now below $250. I noticed the coupon still seems to take off whatever amount that is rather then saying it's not a valid coupon.

This to me is a bug but maybe there is a way for me to remedy this?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I cannot produce this with the current version of AwoCoupon, 1.3.4. What version are you using?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Ok, I tested that situation too, and it works fine for me.

When a product is added, edited, or deleted (as long as there is a coupon code entered), the coupon functionality is called. So when you removed items or changed the quantity, the coupon processor should have been called and the coupon should have been rejected at that point.

Do you have something different about your checkout? Maybe using some type of one page checkout?
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

Nope, it's the basic 4 step checkout. This is exactly what I do and what I see each page. I just don't want us to be on 2 different pages or anything.

I'm on the fill out Credit Card info section... I currently have a quantity of 30 to put my shipping over $250. Coupon works. Now I go up top because my quantity should be 3 instead of 30. So I change it to 3.

It will take me back to the Billing and Shipping info. The coupon discount no longer appears which seems to be all good so far. But then I move onto the next step which is picking my Shipping Method, I select it, then on top the Coupon Discount reappears and takes out the Shipping even though it's well under $250.

It only does this when I make a correction late in the checkout.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I ran throught that exact same process. As soon as I clicked on the update button on the payment method page after bringing the order total down to under 250, I am taken to the Shipping address page, and my coupon is declined, with the coupon box back and the error message
    Coupon code not found. Please try again.

You sure you have not made any alterations? Particularly, classes/ps_cart.php, this is where the code will be to call the coupon function.
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

It may have, I'm not sure. I had to take over after someone else. I'd have to find out.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

in www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_cart.php, you should have the below code, somewhere towards the end of these functions:
    - add
    - update
    - delete

<?php
    if( !empty( $_SESSION['coupon_discount'] )) {

// Update the Coupon Discount !!

require_once(CLASSPATH.'ps_coupon.php');

ps_coupon::process_coupon_code($d);
    }
    ?>

• Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

/* next 3 lines added by Erich for coupon code */
    /* if the cart was updated we gotta update any coupon discounts to avoid ppl getting free stuff */
    if( !empty( $_SESSION['coupon_discount'] )) {
    // Update the Coupon Discount !!
    require_once(CLASSPATH.'ps_coupon.php');
    ps_coupon::process_coupon_code($d);
    }

Exactly what I have.
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

Okay I have yet another problem. This one is odd. I had to enter in a new Shipping Module to get the flat rate shipping to work they way I want. I have that configured correctly.

Now this time when the Shipping Comes up, it'll say: Standard Shipping: $450.50

If you go to the next page, this shows up on the total:

Shipping and Handling Fee: $901.00
    Tax Total: $0.00
    Coupon Discount: - $450.50
    Total: $3 146.00

It takes out the 450.50 but it doubles the Shipping. So it's like they never get a discount. I have 1.2.3 Pro by the way. Is that the problem?

http://www.pikproducts.com/devjoomla/shop.html?page=shop.index

There is a link to the site I'm working on.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

This is some strange behavior. Can you upgrade to the latest? And then manuall follow the Troubleshooting section in user_guide.html? I suspect something might be installed twice, or not at all.
  • Default avatar
    intheshallow    
     12 years ago

I can't upgrade right now. The person before me must have bought this a while back. Like I said before, I took over the job after he half-assed this and left.

What's weird is that if I use the Flex Shipping module, the Coupon works just fine. It calculates the right amount. But the client wants the flat rate shipping that I have in place now. The flat rate shipping calculates just fine after the Shipping Method is chosen when the Coupon is disabled.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

all these problems ended being because of a shipping module that was not doing things the standard way. All fixed.