Shipping Coupon before selecting shipping method

• Default avatar
    maximilian    
     12 years ago

Hi,

I just installed and tested your component and it is great (as far as I could test its features). But I have a problem which I also found here:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/awocoupon-pro-shipping-coupon-error

But I think your provided hack was for a former version of the tool as I cannot find the first line mentioned on line 235.

As you mentioned that you would probably give the possibility of entering a shipping coupon before the shipping method is chosen I wondered whether you already added this feature but probably you did not yet?

I am using a one-page-checkout (all options on one page but only final confirmation is extra so I cannot give the shipping-method a single page). Moreover users will not understand that they can only enter their shipping coupon after choosing shipping method.

What I want achieve do is the following:
    the user gets a 100 EUR coupon which is provided for his entire shopping incl. shipping. I understand that I have to create one coupon for products and one for shipping and attach them to a parent coupon whereby I choose the option to use both coupons attached.

I would be very glad if you could help me.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
    Max
  • Default avatar
    maximilian    
     12 years ago

I am sorry. Disregard everything I wrote after "Hi" in my former post. I did not see the option you already included.

Thanks and again you offer a great tool.

Best regards,
    Max
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

No problem, just glad you found it.

Another option to giving 100 euros coupon including shipping is to create a gift certificate. Gift certificate discounts include shipping, and keep a history. So if the full 100 euros is not used, the user can come back later and use the rest. You just dont have all the options with gift certificate as you do with coupons.