Discount Messages

• Default avatar
     13 years ago

Hey everybody.
    I've been having a blast using AWO. Saves me loads of time and keeps me out of PHPMyAdmin! I did have one question however. I have created a table called vm_messages that displays a user set message about a discounted product. How could I insert a text area into the coupon view to allow for the manipulation of that table? I'd love to keep my coupon process entirely within the joomla admin component and this would really help me out! I have a pretty basic understanding of component structure and how the MVC process applies to Joomla, but any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I do not understand your question. Can you rephrase it?
  • Default avatar
     13 years ago

Removed
  • Default avatar
     13 years ago

Under the +New Coupon, I just need to be able to add a new field (text area) that will update a table that's specific to my Virtuemart installation.

When I apply the discount to group (X), I'd like to input a message in a text area that will be inserted into table X, (in this case, one called vm_messages)

This way, when I apply the discount, a message will appear in my shopping cart for those who are a part of the group discount.

Thank you.
  • Default avatar
     13 years ago

Basically, I just need to add a new optional field and query statement.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

there is alot of things involved with adding a new field. but to add the field you can look in awocoupon/coupon/views/tmpl/default.php and for saving awocoupon/models/coupon.php
  • Default avatar
     13 years ago

I've managed to populate the field in the form (default.php).

Now if I'm not mistaken, I should be able to define a new function with query statements in /models/coupon.php , something akin to the coupon code if queries within the get entry function?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I do not understand your question. I assume you figured it out right?