how to show the Gift certificate on the frontend?

• Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

Hello! How can I show the gift certificates on frontend?
    Through virtuemart category number? I don't use the menu of virtuemart, I use the joomla menu to make the virtuemart menus and I put the categoriy numbers of virtuemart. Is that the correct way to see the gift certificates? If yes, I see only products without image, how to fix it?
    Thank you very much!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi, I am not sure if I understand your question. A gift certificate is just a product within Virtuemart. Here is a blog on it:
    https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

If you want to display a gift certifcate product in a menu, then you can get the link from the details page of the gift certificate product and create a menu item for it.
  • Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

hi Seyi, thank you for your answer. Yes, I have made that tutorial. I have ready the coupons but I don't know how to show them (display them) on the frontend. how I do this?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

the gift certificates are products within virtuemart. So whatever product you tagged as a gift certificate should be accessable in the front end of virtuemart. For example, if your website is www.example.com, you should be able to access all your products by going to www.example.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart.

• Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

thank you for your answer. Ok, now I know that what I made is ok, but the problem now is that I don't see the images of the gift certificates. There is installed the sellable certificates and it is checked sell certificates in virtuemart.
    this is how I see them:
    <-- removed link -->
    I hope your help, thank you!
  • Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

I found another problem. I don't receive any code after payment, after the purchase is confirmed. I receive the emails of virtuemart but there is no code for the Gift Certificate.
    As I don't use the front of virtuemart and don't use the product menu of virtuemart, I will tell you how I made everything.
    I made exactly what you explain in the tutorial. Then to publish the gift certificates (to show them in the frontend) I went to the joomla menu where I configured the categories of the virtuemart by choosing the virtuemart component (in the menu) and then writing the category I wish that button displays.
    Example:
    I open the main menu in joomla, then I clicke new. In the new button/link template, I choose the type and select VIRTUEMART, then I write on parameters (on the right of the menu) in category, the number of category of GIFT CERTIFICATES, for example 2.
    and I call the button/link Gift certificate. Then when I go to the frontend I click on the main menu the button/link Gift certificate and it takes me to that category on virtuemart and I see what you see in the link I send you in my last email.

So the problem is that gift certificates are not working. The images of the gift certificates are not shown and I don't receive the code of the gift certificate after the status is confirmed. (I receive the virtuemart emails telling me about the purchase and the status is changed but without any code)
    The discount coupons are working well.
    I hope your help, thank you very much
  • Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

I will add something that I recently saw. I see in the backend in awocoupons in the tab, coupons that the gift of the certificate that I'm testing, is there with the automatic number of coupon created. It is marked as published, but I don't see it in any place, and as I told you before that code is not in the email that virtuemart sent me.

remember
    problem 1 images
    problem 2 codes are not sent.

thank you!!!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi,

For the images not showing, are you talking about the images in this link:
    <-- removed link -->

If so, you set the images for those products within Virtuemart by editing the product, going to the images tab and uploading an image.

For the codes not being sent, can you check the awocoupon->installation check page? Is Sellable gift certificates installed? If not, this is the reason you are not seeing the emails.

When a customer orders a gift certificate and the order is confirmed, a coupon code is created which is then emailed to the customer in a seperate email. All generated gift certificates can be found in awocoupon->coupons screen.

If you are still having problems with the auto generated email for gift certificates pm or email me temp admin/ftp access to look at it.
  • Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

yes, the sellable gift is installed, and also the gift certificated code is in awocoupon> coupons screen.
    The plugin AcyMailing Tag : AwoCoupon Pro coupons is enabled.
    the allow use coupon of virtuemart is checked.
    The order is confirmed.

With your last answer I see that the only thing don't work is the email that must send the certificate gift image with the code.

I'm sorry I don't give the information to enter to admin/ftp to anybody. Please let me know how to fix it and I will do it.
    Thank you very much!
  • Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

I'm ask you something more. When a customer purchase a gift certificate, the customer can write the email of the person that will receive the gift certificate, in the order process in virtuemart, ?
    Because, now I think that it is not so great that the email be sent to the person who bought the gift only. I think that also must be sent to the destination of the gift.
    Thank you very much for your help
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

this is a limitation of virtuemart, which does not allow you to enter customer input per product. This is really not possible without some major hacks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

i understand you cannot give out the credentials, but also, i cannot give you the fix if i do not know what the problem is.

if the gift certificate code is being generated, then the email should be sent out. It should be sent out to the email of the billing address, not shipping address. if you are not receiving the emails, can you look at the email logs to see if there are any errors.

• Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

is it possible to add this by making some major hacks on virtuemart? Are you thinking in adding that the customer can write the email of the person that will receive the gift in a near future?
    Thank you!

P.S: I wish to tell you that the component works great. Do you know what was the error? I forgot to write the email and details in the gift certificate profiles. I discovered this alone because I didn't found this information in your site. It will be great that you make a manual of the pro component because there are some things that I don't know what are them, for example the maximum duration and minimum duration of the code inside the profile of the gift certificates, because that information I put in the gift certificate product.
    Which are the difference? I didn't understand. I see that in the minimum it says 8 but 8 what? days, months? and maximum 12, 12 of what? days? months?
    Thank you very much!
  • Default avatar
    monica    
     13 years ago

hello again. I have purchase the license for a domain, but inside the domain I have the different languages of the same site made with different joomlas. The problem is that the license was installed not in the principal domain, if not in the domain/folder/languageA and when I wish to activate domain/folder/languageB, it tells me that it is wrong.
    The problem is that your site didn't let me write the principal domain, so there was an autoregistered bad domain.
    Can you change that? because I can't do it through my account.
    Thank you very much.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Your license has been updated to the principle domain.