[Resolved] Manually add an entry into History of Uses

• Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Today, I came upon the need to manually add a record into the History of Uses table. A customer has a user account in my online store, but opted to place an order over the phone. Which we allow because our main customer demographic is retired women, some of whom have limited to no computer/Internet skills. Some don't like PayPal which is our CC processor. Some don't like using CCs online. Who knows why sometimes?

Anyway, she wanted to use a one use per customer, 10% discount code specific to one of our ads in a magazine. I manually gave her the discount, but soon found out there is no way to record that coupon use in AWO Coupon Pro. She could now place a web order and still get another 10% discount.

Not the end of the world, but I think there should be away to manually enter that record into the History of Uses table. I use different coupon codes for each issue of three different magazines. Missing those manual uses of a coupon makes it more difficult to accurately track the success of my targeted ad funds.

Thanks,
    Neva
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Neva, the ability to manually add coupon usage has been added in version 1.3.3.
  • Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

when I go to manually add coupon usage, the coupon that I manually created does not appear in the drop down box, any ideas why?

[EDIT]
    moved to https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/manually-add-history-use-not-working
  • Default avatar
    bossmanmedia    
     11 years ago

Is there any chance that you can send me some screenshots or detailed instruction on how to do this? I'm running version 2.1.3 but I can't figure out how to manually add coupon usage under the History of Uses.

Kind Regards,
    Matt
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

- In the admin section go to awocoupon->history of uses.
    - At the top right should be a 'new' button, select it
    - select your coupon code
    - for the user name, start typing it, and after 2 letters you should see a list, once it appears on the list select it
    - enter a product discount and/or shipping discount
    - order number can be left blank
    - save

This should now show in the history of uses list.
  • Default avatar
    bossmanmedia    
     11 years ago

Cool thanks for that.