Manual Install

• Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

I have a bit of a problem...

I have a heavily hacked core and would like to manually install awo or at least the core hacks.
    I'm worried joomla install will overwrite the already implemented hacks..

Any way i can do that with ease?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi, in the Troubleshooting section of the user_guide for AwoCoupon pro, there is step by step for installing the insertions manully.
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

Ok thanks!

didn't notice the user guide before..

I'm not a php expert but i can insert these codes in the right places but what about the install?

I would expect that i need those files too, so do i just upload those in the /components/com_awocoupon-PRO/ from the com_awocoupon-PRO-1.2.3.zip or do I need to put it in a specific file structure?

Or will the installation just install the components and skip overwriting the hacked files and say step 2 was not finished?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

the installer automatically tries to install the insertions. If you do not want that to happen, then I would suggest you change the permissions on those file to read only and then run the automatic installer.

If you want to truely manually install then:
    - copy everything in admin folder into www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon
    - copy awocoupon.xml, install.awocoupon.php, uninstall.awocoupon.php into www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon
    - copy everything in language folder into www/administrator/language
    - open www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/install.mysql.sql and change #_ into your table prefix, likely jos
    - run the sql statements against your database
    - last, you will have to insert a row into jos_component in order to be able to view AwoCoupon from the components menu in the backend

The first option is probably easier
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

so what row to I need to insert into jos_component?

What is the code i need to insert? if you would be so kind :o)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

insert into jos_components (name, link, menuid, parent,admin_menu_link, admin_menu_alt, `option`, ordering, admin_menu_img, params)
    values ('AwoCoupon', 'option=com_awocoupon', 0, 0, 'option=com_awocoupon', 'AwoCoupon','com_awocoupon', 0, '../administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/images/awocoupon-small.png', '');
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

Ok great thanks!

But why in the user manual for Virtuemart Injection is the same injection in 5.1.1 and 5.1.6 as in 5.1.10 and 5.1.11?

And in 5.2 Virtuemart fixes, will this in anyway mess up the shopper groups i have set up if I change it as is recommended?
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

Every thing went well and the coupons seem to work.. needs more testing though

Except when i enter the amount of 10000 for a gift certificate and try out on a product priced 8500 i only get a -100 discount?

I seem to recall when i was browsing the forum yesterday I came across the same problem or similar but I cant seem to find it again, 100 in my currency is barely anything so this is no good. It was something about changing a 3 into an 8 in the code somewhere...

Regards, Adam
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

Well I tried other values and then the same one a again and now its seems it works just fine...

Anyways then i was trying to make a gift certificate as a product everything works fine except there is no e-mail sent...

Any ideas?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Glad you figured out the other problem. are you moving the order through to confirmed? It would not send the email in the pending state.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

5.1.10 and 5.1.11 are deprecated, dont use. They are there for users who have them installed to be able to reference back.
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

Yes I tried to manually set it to confirmed and shipped and then pending about 5 times... No Gift Certificate...

But I do get the confirmation mail but the certificate is not sending for some reason, I just tried to make a profile for it but no luck either (text).

I was wondering if I need to apply the Virtumart fixes (in bottom of the troubleshooting) which I did not do. But It looks like it does not affect this part...
  • Default avatar
    a15855    
     13 years ago

Alrighty, will go and remove them then..
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

no, the vm fixes would not affect it.

if you could pm me admin/ftp access to take a look, could probably save alot of time.