Update a success, program now not working

• Default avatar
    harvey    
     13 years ago

I just completed the update without a problem...received the notice of a successful install. unfortunately now the program will not create a new coupon and the existing ones are not recognized by the shopping cart. When I go to create a new coupon I get to the first page which says coupon details, function type. When coupon is highlighted it does not go to the set up page. Same thing with the gift certificate option.

So I had a working program and now after the improved version I have a non working program. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Harvey

PS...I had to go back to the awful Virtuemart coupon module to activate coupons I have issued but there are now no controls on them. I am running Joomla 1.5.17 and Virtuemart 1.1.6.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Harvey,

Did you check the installation check page to make sure all the injections are still installed?

The creating new coupons sounds like it may be a browser problem. Which web browser are you using, including version?
  • Default avatar
    harvey    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

As always thank you for your quick response. When I checked the installation check page there were 8 files that did not get installed. I deleted the entire program and reloaded. This installed all the files but when I went to create a coupon I had the same issue. I use FireFox version 3.6.13 as my main browser and the old version worked fine with it. I then tried to create a coupon in IE8 and it worked fine. Have you had issues with using FireFox with the new version?

Not a big deal as I can always use IE8 to create coupons but curious why the issue?

Harvey
  • Default avatar
    harvey    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

You were right about it being a browser issue. I cleared the cache in Joomla and shut down the browser and ran CCleaner to remove any temp files that might have caused the issue. Restarted Firefox, logged in and every worked fine. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
    Harvey