[Resolved] Allow customers to change the coupon codes that they are using

• Default avatar
    paul93    
     13 years ago

Is there a way to allows customers to enter a different code? RIght now, the coupon box dissappears when a code is entered. I would like to allow my customers to change which coupon they are using. (For example, if they prefer to use a free shipping code instead of a percentage off code, once they see that their discount is less with one than with the other.)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

This is a virtuemart thing, the coupon field disappearing after a valid coupon has been entered. In order to show the coupon field, even after a coupon has been accepted, you will need to make this change:

in www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/basket.php, search for "couponfield" and change this
    <?php
    if( PSHOP_COUPONS_ENABLE=='1'

&& !@$_SESSION['coupon_redeemed']

//&& ($page == "shop.cart" )
    ) {

$basket_html .= $tpl->fetch'common/couponField.tpl.php' );
    }
    ?>

to
    <?php
    //if( PSHOP_COUPONS_ENABLE=='1'
    //    && !@$_SESSION['coupon_redeemed']
    //    //&& ($page == "shop.cart" )
    //) {

$basket_html .= $tpl->fetch'common/couponField.tpl.php' );
    //}
    ?>

• Default avatar
    Dzoni Wajsmiler    
     12 years ago

I would also like to for my customers to have an option to change coupon code upon first input but this solution doesn't work for me.

I find your code in line 2804 where all the code is black. /* Input Field for the Coupon Code */

Joomla: 1.5.24
    Virtuemart: 1.1.9 with
    One page checkout: Rupostel.com

Thank you very much for your help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I believe Rupostel one page checkout changes the basket.php file. Try searching for
    <?php
    $basket_html 
    .= $tpl->fetch'common/couponField.tpl.php' );
    ?>

In that file. If you cannot find it, then contact Rupostel about where the couponfield is generated from.