Installation issue

• Default avatar
    rebmanu    
     13 years ago

Hi there,

Have just tried to install the free version before going "pro" once all goes well. A relative novice to Joomla and php. Downloaded and installed the zip file fine using the pc at my work. Step 2 didn't work so had to wait until home on my Mac to use ftp access to php using Dreamweaver on my machine. Located the ps_coupon.php file and made recommeded edits no problem and put changes, however AwoCoupon not showing at all in Components. Downloaded zip file again and tried to install but not so straightforward on the Mac as the files seem to be unpackaged already and install won't work. Any helpful hints VERY welcome!!!! Many thanks and kind regards, Manureb
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Can you look in your database, do you have tables starting with jos_awocoupon? Also, can you look in ftp and see if you have the folder www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon with a bunch of file in it? If so, maybe the entry into jos_components did not get entered. Another thing you can try is go to the awocoupon directly. For example, if your website is www.mywebsite.com, then log in to the admin section and go to http://www.mywebsite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon

Please post back what the results are.
  • Default avatar
    rebmanu    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi, Thanks for your reply. I don't have the com_awocoupon folder in admin/components, and I get a 404 when I try to access directly as suggested. I am afraid I would need a bit of advice as to how to look for the tables in my database but will have see what I can work out and get back to you. I am sure it will work somehow!! Manureb
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

the database should be accessible through something like phpmyadmin. I can walk you through the steps of manually installing awocoupon. If you instead would like me to look at it then pm me with credentials.
  • Default avatar
    rebmanu    
     13 years ago

Hello again. Thank you. I have read lots of your other posts and gone back to the beginning and been through all the steps and it is all working well now! My last issue was getting a "coupon not found" message but that has been fixed by setting the number of uses to 0. Can you tell me if a coupon can be set to 1 use by a customer (without logging in) in the Pro version? And is there a way to customise the error message when a someone is trying to apply a coupon on an product that it is not valid for, or the minimum spend is not reached ie instead of "coupon not found", it could display "coupon valid for purchases over $100" or "coupon not valid on this item".
    Many thanks for your quick responses. Your support is great. I look forward to going pro once I can iron out these little issues. Manureb.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Manureb,

In the pro version, you are also required to log in to use a coupon with 1 use per customer. Also in the pro version, you can customize the error messages for particular errors as you suggested. This can also be used for the logging in problem. Instead of displaying 'coupon not found', you could set the error message to say something like 'please log in to use this coupon'.

Glad you got it installed and working.
  • Default avatar
    rebmanu    
     13 years ago

Sorry to duplicate last message - had not seen your reply!