Can't enter coupons after upgrade

• Default avatar
    clyde1    
     13 years ago

Hi,

I upgraded to version 1.2.3, and now I am unable to create new coupons or use the existing ones. When I hit "New Coupon", I get can select Coupon or Gift Certificate, but then it just hangs.

Joomla Version 1.5.22

VM version 1.1.5

My AWO plugin is activated, and the installation showed no errors.

My license certificate is in place.

Please let me know if you can help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

this sounds like some type of javascript error. After it hangs, there should be an error on the bottom left of the page. Can you click it to open it and see what it says?
  • Default avatar
    clyde1    
     13 years ago

I went back to look for the javascript error and everything was back to normal. Thanks for the quick reply
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

I experienced this, was do -I thing- to a cache not refreshed ! :)

But I experienced 2 other bugs in the same way :
    1- When you create a coupon, add users, categories etc, you push on "save" : OK

IF you remove a user, a category, using the great new featured released with 1.2.3, then you push on "save", or "cancel" : nothing happens ... (experience with firefox latest stable version)

is it a bug someone can reproduce ?

2- can't create an html gift certificate coupon (with picture etc) : menu does not appear ! Was already there in 1.2.2
    Again, using firefox
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I do most of the testing on ie, I will have to start paying attention to ff. I will take a look at it.
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

I tried with ie, doesn't work either :)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Ed,

I tested this in ie8 and was not able to reproduct the problem. What version of ie are you using?

I tested it in ff3 and I was able to reproduce it.
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

ie 7
    tested on chrome 8, camino and safari, ko too :)

lol, for once, somthing works only on ie, usually it's the oposit ! :D
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Ok, found the problem, at least with firefox.

Alter www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/js/coupon.js, around line 270 from
    <?php
    '<td class="last" align="right"><button onclick="deleterow(\''+tbl+'_tr'+id+'\');return false;" >X</button>'+
    ?>

to
    <?php
    '<td class="last" align="right"><button type="button" onclick="deleterow(\''+tbl+'_tr'+id+'\');return false;" >X</button>'+
    ?>