Separate reports for different gift certificates

• Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

I'd like to offer gift certificates for different products simultaneously, which would require running a separate report for each unredeemed certificate. It appears that reports can be run only by date -- is there a way to run a separate report for each product?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Scott,

Which report are you running? History of uses - gift certificate? Yes, you are right, there is currently no filter for a gift certificate product. can you explain what you are trying to achieve with the report?

Thanks
  • Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

I offer gift certificates for sale in partnership with restaurants (similar to Groupon, if you're familiar with that). Buyer's purchase the certificates through Virtuemart and AWOcoupon handily emails the certificate with the unique code embedded. At the end of the sale, I send the restaurant a report of the purchases so the owner can check them off as they are redeemed at the restaurant.

That works well for one deal at a time. But if I want to present a deal for Restaurant A and Restaurant B simultaneously, I need a way to send each restaurant only a list of their own buyers' names and code numbers.
  • Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

I have a deal on my site today to show you what I'm talking about: http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_gift&product_id=12&category_id=3

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I see, makes sense.

I will add the gift certificate product to the report for history of uses - gift certificate and message you once done. This will also be added on the next update.
  • Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

That's terrific. Thanks very much, Seyi, for your continued support. I'm headed to the Joomla! Extension Directory to leave a review right now.
    Scott