Serious calculations errors randomly appearing

• Default avatar
    apessoa    
     13 years ago

Hi
    I think AwoCoupon is a great addin for virtuemart, but we are experiencing serious errors that hinder it's ability to be used.

When creating a coupon just for one or a few products, and adding other products to the cart, the calculations get all wrong and show random results !!
    Results are wrong everytime coupons are used and vary even using the same products.

some examples:
    - product A has a 50% coupon and costs 30€
    - product B is not covered by a coupon and costs 60€
    - TAX (VAT) is 20% for both cases

User adds product A to cart and inserts the coupon. The cart total shows 15€ (it's correct).
    Then user adds product B to cart. The cart total now should show 75€ (60€+15€) but instead shows 58€ (?). The displayed taxes are all wrong and not related to 20% over thecorrect values or even over the incorrect values.

User then removes product A from cart (the one that has a coupon) and cart total shows the right values: 60€ total and 12€ tax (20%).

User then adds again product A and doesn't insert the coupon code right now. Cart displays the right values: 90€ total (60+30) and 18€ tax. So far, OK.

User then inserts the coupon code and all hell goes loose: cart now displays -18€ total and 15,33€ tax.
    User proceeds to checkout with these values and these values are used for the Paypal or other payment method he chose.

The displayed values vary from time to time even using the same products !!
    The only thing that is constant is the fact that calculations are wrong when using the coupons.

We,ve tried changing the configuration of virtual tax, the coupon subtraction before or after tax, having the coupons as an overall or specific, etc.. In all cases, the same happends and we can't understand why.

Joomla is 1.5.15 and VM 1.1.4. No special tweaks exist in the site and no other coupon components are installed. The site is hosted in a shared server and I have 8 other joomla sites in this account each in it's domain and with it's MySQL database.

Can someone help on this?

thanks in advance and best regards

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

ok, i will need more info to understand what is going on. Are you using both VAT and sales tax or one or the other? To be more specific, is your product setup with a VAT id in the product's detail page? Do you also have a sales tax setup per state/region in the tax rate list?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

also if you have an external link where I could play with it myself, please pm me with details.
  • Default avatar
    bryantw    
     13 years ago

I just added your component to fit a current customers needs. Perfect!

But I'm having an issue in the shopping cart, its shows an total that does not make since. For example

2 x Items @ 200.00 = 400.00 ---- this has a coupon at $100.00 specific setting
    1 x items @ 75.00 = 75.00 ----- no coupong

subTotal 475.00
    Discount - 400.00

Total -315.00

When checking out all is correct.

Site is currently using virtuemart coupon.

http://www.pinecrestacademy.org/component/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1100/lang,en/vmcchk,1/

Sports Registration - get the coupon
    Summer Camps do not --

Thanks!

Bryant Willis
  • Default avatar
    apessoa    
     13 years ago

Hi seyi
    The site is http://www.acqualisboa.pt.
    It's all in Portuguese, so you can try using Google translator over it or go straight to one of the product pages (example: http://www.acqualisboa.pt/Sexto-Sentido.html ).
    I'm enabling one 50% coupon for the above product. The coupon code is MAIO and the product name is "Sexto Sentido".

You can place an order and select any kind of payment you wish, just don't pay it after the checkout. To see what I mean, try doing what I describe in the example.

Tax is only VAT, selected in the product configuration (VAT ID). No additional taxes exist in the system. The tax mode is "European Union Mode" in global configuration and is 20% irrespective of customer location (sales are only within the country). Besides tax, there is a delivery cost, which is being well calculated and is not covered by the coupons.

Thanks in advance for your help
    alexandre
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Ok, there could be a combination of problems here. I have 3 in mind
    1) is the coupon you created set to a discount type of "specific"? If it is set to overall, then it will try to discount everything
    2) I just wrote a blog dealing with a virtuemart error, it might be part of the problem: https://awodev.com/blog/virtuemart-coupon-error-discount-before-tax
    3) When the discount type is set to "specific", the coupon value being calculated is incorrect. I will be addressing this in the next couple of days with a new version. I have a fix, but just want to test it some more before deploying it.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I just finished writing a blog on that exact problem: https://awodev.com/blog/virtuemart-coupon-error-discount-before-tax