JEvents customization

• Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     7 years ago

Is it possible for a customization to detect the contents of the RSVP order and restrict a coupon to the ticket type?

In the shopping cart we have a link to the RSVP registration. I was looking for the documentations to add a condition that would use the RSVP ID in the shopping cart line item and retrieve the tickets.

RSVP allows for multiple tickets per registration...so we may have a ticket for Registration Option A that we want to discount, but not Option B, etc.

I realize the shopping cart itself only has the Event name and Quantity 1 and the total registration price in the cart details and that it would require a customized code to hook into that further and use the RSVP link to retrieve the ticket types (array) then apply the coupon if the condition is met.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Cant say I follow exactly what you are trying to do. If the question is where can I add a condition to see if the coupon code is valid?

You can do this in
    www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estorecouponhandler.php, function checkDiscount

In the next update of AwoCoupon, you would be able to write a plugin to hook into AwoCoupon so you would not have to add hacks.
  • Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     7 years ago

The RSVP (registration) component of JEvents ties into Hikashop by creating a product line that is added to the shopping cart when the registration is complete.

So Hikashop sees the Event description and total registration (ticket) price as a single line item.

However, the RSVP registration can actually be composed of several individual tickets. For example a single registration might contain a $25.00 ticket for a 5K, and two tickets for $30.00 each for a 10K ticket/entry fee.

JEvents/RSVP integrates with Hikashop by creating a single "virtual" product for the event with a total of $85.00. I can only apply a coupon based on the value and event product, but not specific tickets (say, only apply to 5K tickets).

Hikashop has a custom product field created for the RSVP integration (Transaction ID).

What I was wondering if it were possible to write a hook somewhere that would allow us to retrieve the ticket details if Product's Transaction ID had a value and then use that Transaction ID to retrieve the individual tickets so we could then apply the coupon for specific tickets.

I know this is a customized solution and very unique. JEvents/RSVP itself doesn't even do this with their internal registration-only coupon/discount method. I'm just daydreaming about hooks for special valuations of discounts and coupons.

I will look at the estorecouponhandler.php routine and see what I can do!

Thanks,

Kevin