AwoCoupon Pro completely broken.

• Default avatar
    bjorn0    
     7 years ago

Hi,

My client contacted me about her gift certificates not sending out to the people for whom they were purchased. We've tested it extensively and even though we change an order status to 'confirmed', it simply does not send. I went through all the documentation, and double checked our configuration and everything is 100% in order. I noticed the coupons were also not created in the coupons list after purchasing, as is specified in the documentation.

I noticed the version checker shows the version number of the installed component as 2.0.22? That is completely wrong. So I logged into my account, downloaded the latest version and tried to install it, but then I get this error:

Warning
    Duplicate column name 'coupon_value_def' SQL=ALTER TABLE `#__awocoupon_vm` ADD COLUMN `coupon_value_def` TEXT AFTER `coupon_value`
    Error
    Error installing component

And when I now go to the list of coupons, I get this error:

An error has occurred.
    1054 Unknown column 'c.upc' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT c.id,c.coupon_code,c.num_of_uses_total,c.num_of_uses_customer,c.coupon_value_type, c.coupon_value,c.coupon_value_def,c.upc, c.min_value,c.discount_type,c.user_type,c.function_type,c.startdate,c.expiration,c.order_id,c.published, 0 as usercount,0 as asset1count,0 as asset2count,c.exclude_giftcert,c.note, c.parent_type,c.params, GROUP_CONCAT(t.tag separator ", ") as coupon_tags FROM #__awocoupon c LEFT JOIN #__awocoupon_tag t ON t.coupon_id=c.id WHERE estore="virtuemart" GROUP BY c.id ORDER BY c.coupon_code LIMIT 0, 20

This is a site that has been migrated all the way from Joomla 1.5/VM 1.1.9 to Joomla 3/VM 3

I'd like to add, that at the time of migration, beginning of the year, the gift certificates did in fact work. I am not 100% sure at what stage the problem came in, I'm guessing perhaps with the upgrade to 3.5.1.

Current installed versions:
    Joomla 3.5.1/VM3.0.16

Please assist, this is quite urgent as it is a very busy shop.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

I can look at it directly if you send a private message with temp admin and ftp access.

Otherwise, you would need to try a manual install, which is what I would do anyway. Here are instructions:

https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/duplicate-column-name-voucherfilenamelangid-sql-alter-table-when-upgrad#comment-9102
  • Default avatar
    bjorn0    
     7 years ago

Hi seyi, thank you very much fro getting back to me.

Sorry, I did not get a notification that you replied.

I followed the instructions in that post, but I run into problems when I get to the database stuff. I started with 2.4.3.sql, but then I get this error:

Error
    SQL query:

ALTER TABLE i15wg__awocoupon_profile ADD COLUMN voucher_filename_lang_id INT AFTER voucher_text_exp_lang_id;
    MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table 'shaktish_newjan2016.i15wg__awocoupon_profile' doesn't exist

*UPDATE - I made a mistake! I did not remove the extra underscore, ok I ran it now, but then I get this:

Error
    SQL query:

ALTER TABLE i15wg_awocoupon_profile ADD COLUMN voucher_filename_lang_id INT AFTER voucher_text_exp_lang_id;
    MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'voucher_filename_lang_id'
  • Default avatar
    bjorn0    
     7 years ago

Ok, I just carried on with all the sql queries. I also got an error about a duplicate after running 2.4.4, but after that all the queries did run.

I can see the coupons again.

I see this on the dashboard:

Old Version currently installed [ release notes ]
    Live Update not supported
    Latest Version: 2.4.8 (2016-05-03)
    Installed Version: 2.0.22 Disable version checker

Which bothers me.

I also tested the site now. I bought a gift certificate, then went to orders, 'confirmed' the order, but still no email. Also no coupon in the list of coupons. I did check all of this, https://awodev.com/documentation/frequently-asked-questions#giftcert-autoproblem, and it still does not work. I will PM you a login for the site.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Yes, you would receive some sql errors when updating, hence why the actual install failed, but that is fine, whatever you already have it will not re-add.

The dashboard is updated from server approximately once a week, so it pulls cache the rest of the time. Going to system cache->admin and deleting com_awocoupon will refresh it.

Thanks for the access. Found the issue with gift certificates is the plugin for AwoCoupon was so old, it did not have the gift certificate functionality. So uninstalled it and installed the latest. Tested and it works now.
  • Default avatar
    bjorn0    
     7 years ago

Hi Seyi, thank you very much! I thought it might be something to do with the old plugins, but I was not sure which ones to uninstall.

I tested it now, but I see the email does not go to the email address for who I purchased the certificate. It only goes to the email address of the logged in user? Also, in the email I receive, the message that I entered does not appear?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Have you checked and verified that the custom field ids created in Virtuemart match the custom field attribute entered into AwoCoupon->config->gift certificate tab?
  • Default avatar
    bjorn0    
     7 years ago

Ah thank you! It works. Did not know I had to match those ID's?