Coupons for All customers are not visible in List Coupons Menu Item

• Default avatar
    christos    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

We have the following issue with latest version of Awocoupon and VM3:

We like to issue a coupon for ALL customers, so we don't select any specific customers. However, the coupon is not listed in the List Coupons Menu Item for each customer when he logs in. The coupon is visible if you assign it to specific customers or shopper groups only, however i believe the logic needs some improvement, as global coupon codes should also be visible to everyone if there is no specific selection of customer or shopper group.

Would appreciate your assistance on this.

Rgrds,
    Chris
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I would not add coupons that do not have a specific customer group or customer selected. There are many stores that create coupons for all that do not necessarily want them viewable on the customer list. Also this would affect coupons created for parent coupons. It is just not wise.

The solution is to just select all your shopper groups, or if you prefer add code to your version of AwoCoupon to display for all.
  • Default avatar
    christos    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Tried the solution with the shopper groups (added 2), but still the coupon is not visible when a customer belonging in one of these groups logs in. Is there anything else i should check? The coupon works ok if assigned to user.

Rgrds,
    Chris
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Apologies, I thought it was part of core, it is not. But there is a solution you can use here:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/list-coupon-codes-always-blank#comment-7338
  • Default avatar
    christos    
     8 years ago

Thanks Seyi, will try it although the coupons.php is abit changed in latest version. Are you planning to implement this on next release?

My suggestion also would be to add an option in Coupon Configuration Screen: 'Show Coupon in Coupon List" or smth like that. This is very useful for us because we have the following case:

We give coupons to car club forums. This means that we don't know exactly who is going to use the coupon, this could be anyone. However we don't want all other site visitors to know about this coupon, but only the car club forum members. So, the settings of the coupon would be: Not assigned to any user or shopper groups but DO NOT show in coupon list.

Would appreciate your opinion.

Rgrds,
    Chris
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

The shopper group coupons being shown in the front end will be available on the next update.