Gift certificates for third party

• Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

I have purchased AWOcoupon Pro because I was certain it had the functionality I need, but I'm not sure how to implement it.
    I have a restaurant-oriented Web site. I partner with various restaurants to offer half-price gift certificates for visitors to my site to purchase for the restaurants. After the buyer purchases the gift certificate, they need to print out the e-mail verification (with the unique code on it) and take it to the restaurant for redemption. I understand there is a way to create html certificates with images, but I don't know how to implement it. I've looked at the documentation for gift certificates here, and I've tried setting one up through virtuemart, but I'm apparently not doing it right. Could someone please give further guidance?
    Thanks
  • Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

UPDATE: After reading some of the other posts, I saw that I had to go in and reset status from pending to confirmed. (Is there a way for this to be done automatically?) Still uncertain about emailing html image with gift certificate to print out.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Scott,

The gift certificate menu is in AwoCoupon -> Gift Certificate. To create an html image you will need to go to gift certificate profile, set it up there and make it the default. On a default installation, the text email profile is used.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

When an order is initially put into Virtuemart, it is put in as a pending order. After the user pays for it, using a credit card or paypal, then the order is moved to confirmed. This is when the gift certificate email is triggered. Moving to the confirmed status happens automatically if you have a payment method setup and the customer uses it to pay for the products.
  • Default avatar
    scott4    
     13 years ago

Thank you, Seyi,
    And as I was exploring more, it appears I can embed an image of my gift certificate jpeg into one of the html gift certificate profiles. But these appear to have other images associated with them (brown, flower, snowman, etc.). Can those images be disabled?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Yes, those are just profiles. Only the profile marked as default is enabled.