[Resolved] Adding information to the back end

• Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

When buyer purchases a gift certificate (ie via hikashop), awocoupon generates a new unique code and adds it to the back end of awocoupon - no problems there.

However, the purchase date (ie. start date) is not generated only the end date (the end date is reflected the way i set it up). It would be helpful to have the purchase be added as the start date of the GC. The Coupon code is also not clickable, to make an adjustment to the code I must check it and then click the edit button, unlike codes manually generated in the back end which are clickable and immediate go into the coupon code itself.

2 Years go I asked you to make the "Admin Note" searchable, I can not tell you how often I use this!! THANK YOU! Previously I was manually generating codes and I would add the name of the buyer and the recipient to this field. Often one year after receiving the gc, people loose track of the gc! So it was easy to track it down via name by simply asking for their name or the buyer's name. With the automated system no buyer or recipient information is added to the back end at all. Which means it would be impossible to find a lost gc. So would it be possible to add at least the buyer's name to the Admin Notes or somewhere in the back that is searchable. It would be ideal to have both buyer and recipient but I won't get greedy! ;)

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

There are 2 places you can look to see coupon codes that have been purchased:
    - awocoupon->history->orders, this gives a list of orders where a gift certificate was generated and the codes that were generated for each order
    - awocoupon->tools->reports->Purchase gift certificate list, this gives more details about the orders with gift certificates
  • Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

Hi Seyi -

You've made the code very accessible but the problem is locating it when you don't actually know what it is.

Here's the scenario. You receive a GC purchased from my store. 6 months later you can't find your email with your code. So you call me. You know your own name (I hope) and you know the buyer's name. But you have no other information. How do I help you locate this gift certificate?

But let's say you know the purchase date (that's highly unlikely), this information will help. BUT what if there were more than one purchases on my site on that date? How do i distinguish your certificate from someone else's?

If the buyer's (best) and/or the recipient's name is added automatically to the coupon code on the back end, then I can find the code for the customer.

Or am I missing something here?

And one more thing, I realize that I can find the buyer via hikashop's order page but the order does not have the code in it. Not that I can see.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I think the best solution here would be to take this page, awocoupon->history of uses->order, or
    administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=history&layout=order

Which only has 2 fields:
    - order number
    - codes

And add more fields with a search functionality, similar to this page:
    administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=history

I think that solves this problem without actually adding tags to the coupon code itself.
  • Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

Seyi - First, THANK YOU for addressing this. Your solution sounds great but I'm not sure how to "add more fields with a search functionality".

Please note a couple of things.

1. I did manage to get to the history of uses page and i see the new orders that have already come in over the past couple of days. But there is no search capability at all. And i'm not sure how to add that.

2. WHen i use this administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=history I see all the searches available under "coupon" and under "gift certificate". However the recent certificates purchased in the last few days which were pushed through Hikashop don't seem to come up. I'm searching via first name, last name, email - using the recipient information, using the buyer's information etc.; i'm doing it under both the coupon and the gift certificate and nothing comes up. Again under "orders" no search is available and i don't know how to add a search.

BTW, this was meant to be a feature request and not a support request because I was thinking that it's a missing feature, perhaps this thread should be moved over to the support forum? (that's your call in any case. I just don't want to mess up your system)

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Recent purchase of gift certificate will not show on history of uses->coupons. But you will see it under history of uses->orders:
    administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=history&layout=order

This is the page I am referring to that needs a search function and more fields displayed.

We leave thise under suggestion box, as it is a missing feature.
  • Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

Ok great.

At the moment when an order comes in I manually add the names to the back end which makes it searchable. But if it's done automatically that would be great. It would also be fantastic if the coupon/gc number is automatically added to the Hikashop receipt/order. Thank you for your attention to this.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

The screen awocoupon -> history -> orders is now searchable. On this screen you can searched by
    - purchased code
    - buyer's username
    - buyer's firstname
    - buyer's lastname
    - buyer's email
    - order date
    - order number

I dont think it is necessary to add the buyer's name directly to the coupon code in the notes section now.

• Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

Thanks. I just updated to latest version and will run some tests.

Also, I assume that this information will be added only for orders going forward and not for anything that has already taken place right?

zim
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

No, that information has always been there, just not displayed. You should see it for older orders too.
  • Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

Just checked. only the last order is displaying all the info. THe rest are not. I'm going to pm you the login.

THanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Just had a look. In the cases where there is no data shown, the coupon code seems to have been deleted from the coupon list. I tested about 5 or so randomly, and in all cases, the coupon code does not exist any more. This should not cause it, but wander if it is part of the problem. Are you manually deleting codes?

I think you will need to look directly in the database at table:
    #__awocoupon_voucher_customer

This should show all your customers who have purchased including the order_id's.

• Default avatar
    diem28    
     9 years ago

Seyi - thank you for your attention on this. It's very strange. When I sent my last message only ONE GC had all the information now all of the orders purchased via hikashop is showing properly. So this feature is fully functioning! YAY!

thank you.