Can't get AWO to work - all files installed correctly

• Default avatar
    olivierk    
     13 years ago

Hello,

Using Joomla 1.5.22 & VM 1.1.5 (clean install except for the B-planet Paypal Patch which delays the creation of an order before Paypal confirms the transaction).

Installed the 1.0.7 version of the free AWO coupons. All 3 install steps are green, I manually verified that all the files and code injections are there per the instructions). VM coupons properly imported into AWO and still work. Any new AWO coupon I create gives me a 'Coupon not found" when I try to use it.

Turned on debug and logging, nothing of note there.

My site is local so I unfortunately can't give you a link. Any ideas of what is happening or what I should be looking for to troubleshoot?

Thanks for your help,

--Olivier
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hello Olivier,

How did you setup your coupon? If the imported virtuemart coupons are working then that means awocoupon is probably working fine, and its just in the configuration. One of the common configuration problems is creating a customer specific coupon and on the front end trying it out without logging in. This will return coupon not found. Maybe that is it?
  • Default avatar
    JustaSponge    
     13 years ago

I ran into a similar problem as well. I've installed 1.0.7 of AWO the free version, and have a joomla 1.5.22 & VM 1.1.5 install. Whenever I create a coupon with the function type coupon & I try to use it, it gives me the coupon not found error.

But whenever I make a coupon with the function of a gift certificate. It deducts the price and seems to work like I want it to. Maybe that's what you are doin too. Not sure what the difference between coupon and gift certificate is though I feel like I'm missing something. Just did a fresh install to test out the extension.

Anyone care to enlighten me on what I might need to do to get coupons with the function of coupons to work ? Whats the difference between coupons and gift certificates ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Can you give the details of the coupon you created, for example:

Coupon Code: COUPONCODE
    Published: Published
    Function Type: Coupon
    Number of Uses: blank
    Percent or Total: Value
    Discount Type: Overall
    Value: 25
    Minimum Value: 100
    Expiration: 2020-10-17
    Customer: 2 chosen
    Products: 3 chosen

On the free version, the difference between gift cert and coupon is in the number of uses.

If set to gift cert and the number of uses is set to other than 0, for example 10, then the code can be used 10 times total, by anybody.
    If set to coupon and the number of uses is set to other than 0 (10), then the code can be used 10 time by each user. In this case, the user will need to be signed in for the coupon to work, in order to keep track of it.

• Default avatar
    olivierk    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's my coupon set up:

Coupon Code: test1
    Published: Published
    Function Type: Coupon
    Number of Uses: 1
    Percent or Total: Percent
    Discount Type: Overall
    Value: 20.00
    Minimum Value: 0.00
    Expiration: ...
    Customer: all
    Products: all

What I have discovered with more tests is that coupons (even though they are set to All customers) will not be found if you are not logged in. Works fine when logged in, won't work when you are just at the Shopping Cart page before you log in...

This led me to this thread: https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/coupon-not-foun

So to double check, you can not have 1 use per customer coupons found without being logged in? That's not how my previous Cart worked (ZenCart) so I'm very surprised... That's not a workflow that is customer centric :-( (not blaming you, blaming VM :-( VM should accept the coupon and then when you log in tell you that the coupon has already been used on your account...

Thanks for your help,

--O.
  • Default avatar
    clive4    
     13 years ago

You could change the error message to "Your coupon will be valid after you have logged in" or similar.
  • Default avatar
    olivierk    
     13 years ago

That's what I did thanks.

I added the line: "Please make sure you are logged before entering your coupon" in the text above the coupon field. Not ideal because anything that makes the user tick while in the purchase process is not optimum but I guess that's what I have to deal with.

Thanks for your help everyone and thanks Seyo for a great extension.

--O.
  • Default avatar
    clive4    
     13 years ago

Not quite what I meant.

You can customise error messages to make them problem-specific (wrong items in basket; minimum amount not reached).

On mine, if a customer tries to use a coupon or gift cert. wirthout being logged in, they get the message as previously posted.

Unless I misunderstand what you have done.

I think that as soon as they log in, coupon is shown as being applied if they have previously entered it if cookies are enabled.

• Default avatar
    olivierk    
     13 years ago

I get it but I'd rather be pro-active and avoid the error state...(I also added the logged in line in the error to double check). Thanks.