Coupon Not Saving - Could users be missing the "Save" button?

• Default avatar
    Wild Bill Kelso    
     9 years ago

We started running a little coupon promotion, however less than half of the orders that are coming through have the coupon code on them. We've received numerous customer complaints that the coupon isn't working so we know many people are trying it. I've tested the coupon and know that it works, and of course a certain percentage of orders do have the coupon on it. It's my belief that customers just aren't clicking the "Save" button after the coupon code. (It is the only field on the checkout page that has a save button next to it.)

Is there any way to simply have the coupon code applied without making the customer click on the "Save" button?

Thank you,
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Is this one coupon code or are these all different codes for each customer. If it is one coupon code, you can set it up as an automatic coupon:
    https://awodev.com/blog/create-automatic-discount-awocoupon-pro
  • Default avatar
    Wild Bill Kelso    
     9 years ago

This would be one coupon code.

My understanding of the automatic coupon is that everyone would get the discount which isn't something we want.

We just want people who put the coupon code in to get the discount.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Yes that is correct. Well then the only thing you can do is get the code developed which will automatically submit a coupon code after a customer clicks out of the coupon field. I noticed you are using a one page checkout. You might want to check with them, they may have something that already works that way.