Gift Certificates weird tax display in cart

• Default avatar
    richard52    
     10 years ago

I’m struggling to get AwoCoupons Pro gift certificates to display items properly in the shopping cart. I have Virtuemart tax rules set to Tax Per Bill so each product displays the base price without tax, and the tax is added in the cart as a separate line item as a total tax figure for all items in the cart. That’s the way we do things in the United States.

I have AwoCoupons Pro configuration > Calculate the discount before tax (Gift Certificates) set to No. Gift certificates don’t reduce the tax charge, it should still tax the total price of the products.

Normally a product in the cart displays as desired like this:
    $24.00 product
    $ 1.80 tax
    $ 6.00 shipping
    ——————————
    $31.80 total

However, when I apply a gift certificate code, it displays crazy like this:
    $24.00 product
    -$30.00 coupon
    -$ 0.45 tax
    $ 6.00 shipping
    ——————————
    $ 0.00 total

And only $30.00 is removed from the gift certificate balance. The actual cost should be $31.80.

Now if I switch Virtuemart tax rules to Tax Per Product, add a product to the cart and apply the gift certificate code, it works correctly:
    $25.80 product base price + tax combined
    -$31.80 coupon
    $ 6.00 shipping
    ——————————
    $ 0.00 total

But now all product prices are displayed as base price + tax included = $25.80 instead of $24.00. I can set Virtuemart Configuration > Pricing to Show Tax in Cart as a separate amount, but the products still have tax included in their price, which I don’t want.

Finally, my question… Is there a way to set this up so when Gift Certificates are applied the cart displays prices correctly in the cart AND the product prices don’t have tax included? - Like this?
    $24.00 product base price without tax
    -$31.80 coupon
    $ 1.80 tax
    $ 6.00 shipping
    ——————————
    $ 0.00 total

My install:
    Joomla 2.5.18
    Virtuemart 2.0.26d
    AwoCoupons Pro 2.2.5

Thanks, Richard
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi Richard,

Been doing some tests and there are definitely problems. Sending you a private message with a download link.