Points and coupons

• Default avatar
    tonis    
     11 months ago

Hello,

I have tried to create rule with points, and coupon - system, but non of them seems to generate the rewards.

The order statuses to trigger the rule are selected, but after the order status is chaged, nothing happens. Also, if I try to manualy add points to a user, it does not work. After saving only the spinner is showing and non points are addet.

VM 4.0.8
    Rewads 4.0.0.2
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 months ago

Hello,

That issue should be fixed in the latest update, 4.0.0.3.
  • Default avatar
    tonis    
     11 months ago

Hello,

I have tried and unfortunately, there is no change. And whats even worse, now after I add a product to cart I get this error on frontend:

0  Call to undefined method plgVmCouponAwoRewards::plgVmUpdateTotals()
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 months ago

Ah sorry, if you can make a quick update to this file, it will fix the issue:

File: /plugins/vmcoupon/aworewards/aworewards.php, around line 20 is
    <?php

if ( method_exists$this'registerLegacyListener' ) ) {
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmValidateCouponCode' );
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmCouponInUse' );
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmRemoveCoupon' );
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmCouponHandler' );
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmUpdateTotals' );
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmCouponUpdateOrderStatus' );
            }
    ?>

And change it to
    <?php

if ( method_exists$this'registerLegacyListener' ) ) {
                $this->registerLegacyListener'plgVmCouponUpdateOrderStatus' );
            }
    ?>

If you cannot do that, to stop the front end error, disable the plugin: VMCoupon - AwoRewards

• Default avatar
    tonis    
     11 months ago

Thanks,  I changed the file and it works.

It also works now the rule after changing the order status, the points are addet for the user. But the manual option to add points in admin does not work.

One more question - how to use the points now it new order? :)

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 months ago

Ok great.  The points need to be converted to be used.  There are a few ways:

- convert points to coupons based on point to amount ratio, this can be done in config > automatic payout / coupon payout (request)
    - if using awocoupon, you can have the points automatically convert to a balance, which can be used automatically in the cart.
    - if you want to setup a specific promotion, for example "get a 20% discount coupon for 500 points"...etc you can do this in aworewards > request coupon payout section

• Default avatar
    tonis    
     11 months ago

I have tried to convert it to a VM coupon. This works, but the coupon is not limited to the one user who made the order.

If i try to automatic payout to a AWO coupon or AWO balance, nothing happens. Also If i try to add in the AWO reward rule - to pay the reward as a AWO coupon, I need to select a template from the list of created coupons, but there is nothing to select from (I have a coupon created in AWO coupons)

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 months ago

The automatic payout depends on how you setup  your point to amount ratio and minimum payout before it is triggered.

For coupon template, modify the coupon you want to use in AwoCoupon, and in the 'published' dropdown, select 'template'.  It will then be available as a coupon template.
  • Default avatar
    tonis    
     11 months ago

Hello,

thanks it wokrs for my on my test on localhost. After order it generates a AWO coupon.

But if I replicate the same settings on live server, after I complete the order, I get this error:

vmTable store insertObject

And it behaves strange - I have become an email that a coupon is available for me, anount and also expiration is there. But the coupon is not in the administration of AWO coupon, and also not the frontend section - list of coupons.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 months ago

Hello,

Not sure about this, "vmTable store insertObject", that seems to be a virtuemart error.  Does this happen on specific actions involving Awocopuon?  And if you disable 'VmCoupon - AwoCoupon' plugin, do you still get it?

The second issue is very strange.  Awocoupon creates the coupon code and tries to send the email.  If when sending the email the system reports it fails, then it deletes the coupon it created, this is the only situation I can think of that it deletes.  This happens both locally and production?  If not, maybe this error is happening somehow becaose of the first error.
  • Default avatar
    tonis    
     10 months ago  last edited 10 months ago

I have made some updates and the error disappeared.

But the coupon is still missing in the admin. It happens only on production site. The coupon email is send after the status change, but it is not in admin. I have created a new coupon nanualy, and its ID shows, that there was some coupons before him, but they are deleted.

There also nothing in the AwoReward history, I thing the problem is in AwoRewads.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 months ago
    +1

Hello,

Have a look at these 2 options in AwoRewards > configuration > general tab:

If the order is going through statuses of both, this would be the reason it is added and then deleted.  The first should be a confirmed status, and the second should be a cancelled or refunded status or just left blank to disable.

• Default avatar
    tonis    
     10 months ago

OK, I misunderstood the given setting. It was the cause of the problem. Thanks a lot for help!