[JOOMLA] Automatically delete from cart 'Get Y' product and Individual use only not working

• Default avatar
    ioannis61    
     a year ago

The goal is to gift a free product when cart total is >= 30$ and a different one if >=70$ while removing the first free product.

Ideally I would like an option where the customer could choose between the two free products in case the order total was >=70$ but I understand it is not availiable as an option.

So I made the coupon for the >= 30$ first, then duplicated that and changed the "Minimum Order Total" to >= 70$.

After that I also checked the "Individual use only" option in the >=70$ coupon that should remove the >= 30$ coupon.

Finally I made them both automatic.

I did a test order and at first it looked like it was working fine but I noticed some bugs further into the test.

"Individual use only" doesnt work since when i add >= 70$ both of the free products the >=30$ free product is still there.

But worst of all, if i remove normal products from the cart the free products still stay there even with 0 order total altough I made sure I have the "Automatically delete from cart 'Get Y' product" option selected in both coupons.

It seems to me that there is something that prevents Awocoupons from removing anything from the cart automatically.

I Hope to Hear From You Soon!

Some technical information about the website that might be of some help:

-Joomla! 3.9.23

-VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

-VP Smart - Multipurpose Joomla Template for VirtueMart

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

How did you build your buy x get y?  In your buy x, did you exclude the free products?  It may be counting itself as a buy x condition.

Also a cleaner way to do this, I think, is to use a combination coupon.  So instead of individual use only, create another coupon of function type combination, where you add the 2 coupons you created, from highest to lowest discount, and set process type to first found match.  Then use that in automatic coupons.
  • Default avatar
    ioannis61    
     a year ago

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, so to clarify, I created a couple of products as gifts, they have 0 price so they don't play any role in the GetX.

My first coupon is really simple and goes like this:

When people add products that belong to these two root categories (so basically any product on our store) that make a total of 30$, we automatically add a free product.

Automatic delete is not working on my shop and it is clearly a bug. I really need this sorted, cause customers can remove products or change quanities and the total order amount is less than 30 and the free product still remain.

The second coupon is just a duplicate of this one and then i changed the Minimum order Total to 70$ and the GetY product to give as a gift.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Is the free product in either one of those categories?  If so you should add the free product to the buy x list, excluded.
  • Default avatar
    ioannis61    
     a year ago  last edited a year ago

No it's in a seperate root/parent category which is not published. The products themselfs are published and are showing correctly on the cart when the coupon is active
    I also tried to exclude them anywya but still, removing products is not working.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

I am testing virtuemart 3.8.6 10373 with the latest awocoupon, 3.6.0.7 locally and not getting any issues.

Are you using a checkout extension?  If you disable it temporarily, does it work better?

Another check, in admin > extension > plugins, if you filter by type 'vmcoupon', do you have anything else apart from awocoupon enabled?

If none of those are working, happy to have a look directly if you can send a private message with access.
  • Default avatar
    ioannis61    
     a year ago

Filtering return only "VMCoupon - AwoCoupon". I am not aware of a checkout extension that is installed in this particular website.

I would be more than happy to let you have a look!

Sending info in just a sec

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Ok, just had a look.  The gift products have no price on them.  So what is happening is
    - you add a cart to the cart
    - awocoupon sees it qualifies so adds the gift product
    - awocoupon then tries to discount it, but there is no price
    - so coupon is never added to the cart

I added a price of 1 to one of the gift products and it works fine.
  • Default avatar
    ioannis61    
     a year ago

Thank you! I made the changed to the other product aswell and it works wonders! I changed the price to 0.001 so that it appears like 0$ in the cart which i prefer.

Thank you again for your quick response and for helping me out!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Great, glad its all working as expected now.  You are welcome.