Automatic free shipping not applying on Joom 3.10 - VM 3.8.9

• Default avatar
    gallego_d    
     a year ago

Hi, I find myself unable to add free shipping from a certain date to another, using the PRO version, a coupon 'FREESHIPMENT' and an automatic apply in cart,

first I created a coupon (type shipment) with a 'percentage' of 100, limited to dates 06/01/22 - 08/01/22, then (for testing purposes) limited to a single user, and then created an entry for automatic discount using the code 'FREESHIPMENT',

other actual 'manual' coupons work ok, but the free shipment is never applied.. (only works if I remove it from automatic list, and try to apply manually, which is not the intended usage)

following thread https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/automatic-discount-does-not-work
    just checked that multicoupon is enabled, and all possible combinations allowed in the allowed cart scenarios are selected, but to no avail...

how can I troubleshoot this issue?

I'm using VM 3.8.9 on Joom 3.10.4 and Rupostel Onepage 2.0.404.011220,
    if you need more details please let me know.

Many thanks in advance!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Just as a test, can you temporarily disable rupostel onepage and test it with Virtuemart shopping cart?
  • Default avatar
    gallego_d    
     a year ago

seyi @ Jul 8, 2022, 11:32:45 AM
    Just as a test, can you temporarily disable rupostel onepage and test it with Virtuemart shopping cart?

I've disabled Rupostel OnePage, also a cart theme that came with the template, and it seems to not to be adding the shipment price, although it still shows it and there is no mention to the discount, but the total after shipment is the same as product total.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

For not showing the discount, believe that happens because rupostel added this file (which is not needed anymore):

/templates/[YOUR_TEMPLATE]/html/com_awocoupon/coupondelete/default.php

Through ftp, if you can delete or rename that file, and then test Virtuemart cart system again, you should see the coupon line.  Not sure why it would not show shipping price though.  I tested the same versions you listed above, and for me Virtuemart cart works fine, shows the shipping prices and discount as it should.  But with rupostel one page turned on, the automatic discount is not applied, so feel this may be a one page issue.

Also check and make sure everything in awocoupon > installation check is installed.

• Default avatar
    gallego_d    
     a year ago

Hi seyi, just checked the 'installation checks', all is enabled and green,
    also if I delete the file com_awocoupon/delete/default.php, opc just keeps regenerating it when I change any config,

I've managed to show the coupon in the cart (by enabling the option 'do not use ajax for coupons in OPC and allowing zero value coupons, following an old thread) but now it's always a 0 value coupon.

the opc version we're using is 2.0.404 which in theory has a fix (introduced in 401) for this exact case, still the coupon does not apply any discount... is there any workaround to this?

many thanks.
  • Default avatar
    gallego_d    
     a year ago

as a followup... just tried to change the coupon for a 20% discount on products (normal coupon), but with autoapply, and it works perfectly,
    is as soon as I change the coupon to a shipment type, that it returns to 0 value (even though it understands that there is an automatic coupon, and applies it apparently correctly...) I don't know if this will help to understand the issue, but in the meantime we'll keep investigating the configuration/s
  • Default avatar
    gallego_d    
     a year ago

Ok, so I think we found a way to fix it...
    since I'm no advanced component developer but a humble programmer, please let me know if this is somehow a big mistake down the line, but from what I can see it doesn't seem to interfere with the ordering process at VM, (tested with a full process order, everywhere it shows the discount, the name, etc.. )
    the only part that doesn't show the full name is in the cart, but this can be fixed simply by making the coupon something like FREE_SHIPPING since it's what we are trying to achieve...

the change,
    in the file /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helper/estore/virtuemart/class-awocoupon-helper-estore-virtuemart-discount.php, at the  __construct method, when checking for the different onepages installed, we added this for (in our case) rupostel,

around line 93, just after:

elseif ( $_checkout_extension == 'vponepage' ) { ...
    } //93-

we added:

} elseif ( $_checkout_extension == 'rupostel' ){ //93+
        $this->is_validateprocess = true; //94+
    } //95+

Again, thanks for all the help, and if it can be confirmed that this change will not break anything else it'll be greatly appreciated.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

So for me, just enabling zero value coupons did the trick.  Rupostel originally calls the coupon before shipping is added, and AwoCoupon returns a value of 0 in this case.  If 0 value coupons are not enabled, rupostel throws it out.  So will update the code to compensate for this.

But perplexed why it is not working with just that change for you.