How To Give Free Shipping

• Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

I ship to Canada and USA.  How do I offer free shipping to ONE country?

Thank you!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

Setup the free shipping coupon:
    Function type: shipping
    Value: 100%

And in other restrictions section, select the specific country

2LSnsIC.png

• Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

Thank you!
  • Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

Hi there,

When I test the cart and select the country the shipping is still showing.  Only when I unpublish the other shipping methods the shipping shows as $0.  Does this mean that I have to unpublish the other Shipping methods for this to work?  I would prefer if it just override all the other methods.

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

AwoCoupon does not change the amount shown on shipping. It gives a discount to the selected shipping method.  So if you have multiple methods and a customer selects the 'none' free country, there will not be a discount.  If you select the free country, then a discount of 100% should show on the coupon line.
  • Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

Hi,

In Hikashop I have shipping zones set-up for different regions in Canada and USA. I also created two additional shipping Zones, one for Canada and one for USA.  The customer do not select a shipping option, the shipping is based on the customers zone and the amount of their purchase.

I created a coupon in awoCoupon and I add the Canada and USA zones to the coupon.  I also created a "automatic discount" coupon and for both the coupon and automatic discount the value is 100%.

Please tell me what I did wrong because the discount did work but ONLY if I unpublished the other shipping zones and keep the Canada and USA published.

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Is it possible to see your setup directly, I am  not sure I get it.
  • Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

I think I see what the issue is.  I added the countries under the "Shipping" tab instead of the "Other Restrictions" tab.  It appears to be ok now.

Just to confirm, will this override the other shipping options so I don't have to unpublish them?

Can you look at the settings to see if they look ok?  Thank you.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Glad you figured it out.  If this is an automatic coupons and the others are not, then yes this will override.  If they are all automatic coupons, then reorder this coupon before the others and this will take precedence.
  • Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

Hi there,

I was wondering if it will take precedence over the shipping options that I have set-up in Hikashop under System > Shipping methods, not coupons, although that's good to know.

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

AwoCoupon works on top of your shipping options.  If you have a shipping coupon that gives 100% but the shipping is already free, then there is no discount.

If the shipping option selected is lets say $10.00, and your shipping coupon is 50% discount, then just the shipping option will be discounted $5.00.
  • Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     2 years ago

OK thanks for explaining :)