No email will be sent after the voucher has been sold

• Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Hello :-)

When a buyer buys a voucher in my shop, the buyer does not receive an email. Thus the customer does not receive a voucher code.

everything seems to be right in the setting.

Screenshot 1 from gift certificate setting

Screenshot 2:

have a nice day!
    Markus
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

The 'order status to unpublish gift certificates' should be a cancelled or returned status.  For now, remove the in progress and leave it blank and try it again.

Also please verify that the gift certificate order passed through the 'confirmed' order status.
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Ah thanks that was helpful!

How can i change the content of email?
    The email template says something different from what I actually receive by email.

Have a nice evening,
    Markus
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

The content of the email comes from the email templates.  ON the email template screen, there is a default email template, marked with a star, which is used if none is chosen in the gift cert product.  Make sure to edit the default.
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Thanks for the fast answer!

I edited the email template and set it as the default. But the content of the email sent is different.

Screenshot 1:
    Screenshot 2: Here is the Email template with Title, reference.

Screenshot 3: Here is the content of the email after purchase the gift card for the customer.

Screenshot 4: And this is the email content after purchase a gift card on the customer. Is a different content :-(

What i do wrong?

Have a nice weekend,
    Markus
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Looks like your emails are being sent in English?  If you switch the dropdown to English, and edit that, does it change?

• Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

yes thanks now it works! Have a nice day :-)
  • Default avatar
    victor9    
     2 years ago  last edited 2 years ago

seyi @ Jul 29, 2021, 10:40:03 AM
    The 'order status to unpublish gift certificates' should be a cancelled or returned status.  For now, remove the in progress and leave it blank and try it again.

Also please verify that the gift certificate order passed through the 'confirmed' order status.

If I could piggyback off of this thread - I am also having the issue where my emails are not sending. I tried what you wrote up here but the email still won't send. I have even tried adding two statuses for the "Order status for sending automatic email" and it still won't work.

These are my current settings.

ClXiPxL.png

And this is how virtuemart orders look like

any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

Are you using the latest version of AwoCoupon?

There are a few different reasons why it might not trigger:
    - the product is not correctly setup as an AwoCoupon gift certificate product
    - overall order status has not reached the order status set for triggering the email
    - the email template used has a blank email body
    - the awocoupon vmcoupon plugin is not enabled

Happy to have a look at it if you can send a private message with temp access.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Thanks for the access.  Took a look, and it looks like you have 3 products that should be gift certificates:
    - GFTC-010
    - GFTC-015
    - GFTC-020

But in AwoCoupon, specifically on this screen:
    /administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon#/awocoupon/giftcert

You only have these 2 setup:
    - GFTC-015
    - GFTC-020

And according to your message you are testing with GFTC-010.  That product would not work because it is not setup.

I did go ahead and run a test on GFTC-020.  In awocoupon > configuration > giftcert, you have the order status to trigger the gift certificate set as 'Completed'.  So once I manually moved my order into that stage, I received the gift certificate email as you can see listed here:
    /administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon#/awocoupon/history/order

• Default avatar
    victor9    
     2 years ago

seyi @ Sep 20, 2021, 10:27:54 AM
    Thanks for the access.  Took a look, and it looks like you have 3 products that should be gift certificates:
    - GFTC-010
    - GFTC-015
    - GFTC-020

But in AwoCoupon, specifically on this screen:

You only have these 2 setup:
    - GFTC-015
    - GFTC-020

And according to your message you are testing with GFTC-010.  That product would not work because it is not setup.

I did go ahead and run a test on GFTC-020.  In awocoupon > configuration > giftcert, you have the order status to trigger the gift certificate set as 'Completed'.  So once I manually moved my order into that stage, I received the gift certificate email as you can see listed here:
    /administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon#/awocoupon/history/order

Ah, ok. Let me give this a try. Thank you for taking a look.

• Default avatar
    victor9    

victor9 @ Sep 20, 2021, 12:50:32 PM
    [...] /administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon#/awocoupon/giftcert [...]

Ok, I just tested the following:

Purchased GFTC-020 and saw that the Order was set to Paid [check] and Status Confirmed. Switched the status to Completed - No Email

Changed AwoCoupon Config from

Order status for sending automatic email
    • ×Completed

to

Order status for sending automatic email
    • ×Confirmed

Purchased another GFTC-020 and this time the Order was set to Paid [red X] Status Completed - No Email

Not sure what I'm doing differently.

Also a note: GFTC-010 is not going to be sold as it is used only to have a product where customers can then select the variant they want, such as a $15 or $20 gift certificate. That's why GFTC-010 is not set up. Should I be doing these individually instead of bunching them all together into one with child products?

• Your avatar
    seyi    

Hello,

If it shows on this page:

Then the email was sent.  Maybe check junk mail?  Because it looks like for your orders the emails have been sent.  Also from that page, you can resend it, try that see if it shows?  Otherwise try testing with a throw away email [anything]@mailinator.com.  That is what I did and it worked for me.

Also you can set the gift certificate  product on just the parent product, and set 'calculation type' to either base price or base price with tax.  That way you can create as many child products as you want, and do not have to worry about adding the into AwoCoupon.
  • Default avatar
    victor9    
     2 years ago

seyi @ Sep 21, 2021, 12:40:42 PM
    Hello,

If it shows on this page:

Then the email was sent.  Maybe check junk mail?  Because it looks like for your orders the emails have been sent.  Also from that page, you can resend it, try that see if it shows?  Otherwise try testing with a throw away email [anything]@mailinator.com.  That is what I did and it worked for me.

Also you can set the gift certificate  product on just the parent product, and set 'calculation type' to either base price or base price with tax.  That way you can create as many child products as you want, and do not have to worry about adding the into AwoCoupon.

I tried Mailinator but I am still not receiving the Gift Certificate email. I do get the invoice but nothing else. The only way I get the email is if I go to History of Uses> Orders and Resend the email from there. I did go into your Mailinator and see that it was sent. not sure if I am missing a step that you are doing and I am not. Sorry for all this trouble, my client was this working by October so I am stressing out a bit.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

You are right, just tested, not receiving it unless I click resend.  Which brought me to your settings in awocoupon > configuration > giftcert:
    Looks like someone updated 'Disable gift certificate email to customer' from 'no' to 'yes'.

• Default avatar
    victor9    
     2 years ago

seyi @ Sep 21, 2021, 3:07:50 PM
    You are right, just tested, not receiving it unless I click resend.  Which brought me to your settings in awocoupon > configuration > giftcert:
    Looks like someone updated 'Disable gift certificate email to customer' from 'no' to 'yes'.

You, sir, are a savior! Thank you so much for your time and finding that one tiny detail in all of this. Amazing support and amazing product. Thank you, thank you, thank you!