Issues with final total not displayed correctly prior to checkout

• Default avatar
    chad40    
     2 years ago

There is a video showing the problem described below however I don't want to post it publicly.  If you need to see it to diagnose our problem let me know how best to get it to you.

We are having a problem with the price after applying a coupon not being shown in the cart when a user is logged into their shopper account, and I think it's because it has something to do with the Air Freight Surcharge that Pro Staff members have to pay on every rod or reel we sell. We set up an automatic "coupon" (only way we could figure out how to make it work) that adds $10 for every rod or reel added to the cart. However, it looks like any coupon I try to use conflicts with it, causing the total in the shopping cart to NOT reflect the correct, discounted total. Here is what's going on (if I send the video you will be able to see the steps below being performed):

1. Adding a reel to my cart and you can see that the Air Freight Surcharge has been automatically added.
    2. Highlighting the total, which is $132.29
    3. The coupon field reads "Change your coupon code" instead of "Add a coupon Code"
    4. I paste in a $50 gift certificate coupon code and click save
    5. I highlight the coupon code that the system accepts, but the total is still $132.29
    6. I confirm the order and go to paypal. Paypal lists the correct, discounted price of $82.29
    7. Confirming the order and going to paypal creates a pending order that I can test with.
    8. I open the order in the backend and highlight that the $50 coupon was added and the discounted total is correct.

So everything works fine, it just doesn't display properly in the shopping cart, which I'm thinking is a result of a conflict with the Air Freight Surcharge "coupon" being used.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

I think it will be helpful if I can see the video.  You can send me a private message with the link.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Thanks for the link.

Took a look, see you are using Virtuemart with vponepagecheckout.
    - After entering the coupon code, and the total is still not updated, if you refresh the page, does the total show correctly?
    - Looks like you setup the air freight charge as a product, if you disable this charge temporarily does it work correctly?
  • Default avatar
    paulschram    
     5 months ago  last edited 5 months ago

wbFco7x.jpghave the same problem. how is it solved??

using Joomla, virtuemart, onepagecheckout but also with onepagecheckout we keep same problem (with standard vm checkout)

so when adding the discountcode it is listed at the left but wihout any financials on the right. but only when paying we see the discounted price.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 months ago

Hello, so you are seeing this problem without using virtuemart one page checkout?  What versions of virtuemart and awooupon are you using?  In admin > awocoupon > installation check do you have everything installed?
  • Default avatar
    paulschram    
     5 months ago  last edited 5 months ago

paulschram @ Oct 19, 2023, 8:48:11 AM
    wbFco7x.jpghave the same problem. how is it solved??

using Joomla, virtuemart, onepagecheckout but also with onepagecheckout we keep same problem (with standard vm checkout)

so when adding the discountcode it is listed at the left but wihout any financials on the right. but only when paying we see the discounted price.

was a problem within VM settings; vm / configuration / pricing / show following prices; "final sales price" was not checked. but was strangely enough not a problem befor.