cant create new gift certificate product in AwoCoupons

• Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Hello everybody,

I am using the latest AWO version on Joomla 3.9.20 and Virtuemart 3.8.4

I am currently in the process of creating a gift certificate and have followed the steps in the FAQs.

When I create a new gift card and enter the product name, an error message appears.

Screenshot: https://abload.de/img/error8lksq.png

Why is that?

Best wishes
    Markus
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

For the product, you have to select it, it is a dropdown.  Start typing out the name, and after 2 or 3 letters, you should see a dropdown as in the picture below.  You can then select the product and that error should not occur:

cwKtkWO.png
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Thanks for the answer! I have typing 3 letters but i cant see a drop down menu.

Have a nice day!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

This might be a language issue.  Do you have multiple language site?
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Hello and thanks for the answer!

I have just installed Joomla and virtuemart. Other languages are currently installed. When does joomla understand that as a multilingual website?

Have a nice day!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

It is sometimes an issue if you have multiple languages in Virtuemart and set up products in different languages.  I am not sure though without seeing it directly.  Is it possible to send a private message with temp admin access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Hey Seyi!

Thanks for the answer. Show in your message folder :-)

Have a nice day!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

Ok, bear with me because this is a little complicated.

So in Virtuemart configuration, you set the default language as German:

AwoCoupon sees this and then searches for product in the German language table.  The issue is you created all products in the English language tables, so it could not find any products.  So what I did for your gift cards, I went to the product detail page, changed the dropdown from English to german:

And saved.  This then saved the product in the German language table.  And it is now searchable in AwoCoupon:

• Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

So simple but so difficult. Thank you for your help! Do you know how I can create the voucher as a menu item?Have a nice weekend!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hi,

If you have not figured it out yet, it is just a Virtuemart product.  So in new menu item, you select a type of:

Virtuemart > Product Details Layout

And select the specific giftcert product.
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Many thanks for the answer! I've already thought it. But unfortunately you can't create a dropdown to choose the size of the voucher, right?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago
    +1

If you are referring to creating a dropdown so customer can choose the price of the gift certificate, yes you can.  You can create a children gift certificates and attach it to a parent gift certificate, showing in a dropdown.

Or you could even create a product so customers name their own price, as is shown on the demo site:
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Thanks for the answer! So i have create a voucher like this tutorial: https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store#customfield-virtuemart

How can i create a children and parent voucher and a dropdown menu? A tutorial for voucher with a own price i cant find.

Have a nice evening!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Hello,

Here is a tutorial that talks about setting child products:

For the demo website, it just uses a single product with the plugiin name the price:

And when setting up the gift certificate, for the dropdown version, you would setup the gift certificate product in AwoCoupon on just the parent product, and set the price calculation to base price or base price with tax.
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago

Hello seyi,

I proceeded as described. But unfortunately no dropdown menu appears.

Screenshot product

so, here a screenshot from voucher:

voucher

I dont have an idea.. :-(

Have a nice week!
    Markus
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

Yes, it is quite complicated in Virtuemart.  Did you create the child variant custom field, and add it to the parent product to connect the children?
  • Default avatar
    markus00    
     2 years ago  last edited 2 years ago

Ah thanks that was helpful!

It works! The drop-down menu is displayed. Do I have to create the variants in awocoupons as well?Or is that enough if the parent product is in awocoupons? 

Thank you very much for help!

have a nice day!
    Markus

Ps.: This video was helpful too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtdj_ei8iCY
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 years ago

No, there are no variants in AwoCoupon, just connect awocoupon to your gift certificate product.