Gift certificate problems

• Default avatar
    florian7    
     3 years ago

Hello,

set up gift certificate like in the tutorial and I can buy them. I have several problems however:

1.) Why ist the amount not subtracted from the shipping costs also?

2.) Is is possible to assign a shipping method with 0,- for the gift certificate? Right now multiple shipping options are shown

3.) I have configured a minimum order amount in virtuemart. But if the code is subtracted and the amount is lower than the minimum, I cannot check out. coupon code should not be counted in the minimum order amount calculation

How can I fix this?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

1  Not sure I understand, what do you mean?  Are you referring to buying or using the gift certificate
    2. Again, not sure what you mean.  With a gift certificate you can set it up to allow shipping options to be deducted or not
    3. Not sure, not an option I have ever used.  How do you configure minimum order amount?
  • Default avatar
    florian7    
     3 years ago

hi, to clarify:

1.) In the coupon template there is the option to include shipping, but i cannot select all shipping options that I have set up, only two. Why? I think if I could select all shipping options there it would deduct the amount from all possible shippings, right?
    2.) there is a new shipping method for the gift certificate which of course is set to 0,- because it gets sent by email. But I have set up the shipping methods by country, and so I see both shipping options to choose, the one with 0,- and the one with the rate for the country. It would be perfect if I only had the one with 0,- for the gift certificate
    3.) I configured the minimum amount in the vendor information in virtuemart. there you can set up the minimum purchase order value

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,
    1.  Gift certificate buy default deducts product and shipping costs.  If you select specific product/category..etc, then it will not automatically deduct shipping.  In which case you can include/exclude shipping options.  What shipping are you using?
    2.  Your other shipping options would not understand AwoCoupon gift certificates, so without some custom coding within those specific shipping options, you cannot. If your products are setup with weight, and shipping works on weight, then you could set the min weight to display those shipping options greater than 0.  And make sure you set the gift certificate product weights to 0.
    3.  Ok, tested it, that is a choice Virtuemart has made.  If you uninstall AwoCoupon and use a Virtuemart coupon, you get the same issue.  Here is code you can use to make it work, requires updating a virtuemart file:
    in the file
    \components\com_virtuemart\helpers\cart.php, around line 1585 is this:
    <?php

if ($this->cartPrices['salesPrice'] < $this->vendor->vendor_min_pov) {
    ?>

Update it to this:
    <?php

//if ($this->cartPrices['salesPrice'] < $this->vendor->vendor_min_pov) {
                if ( ( $this->cartPrices['salesPrice'] + abs$this->cartPrices['salesPriceCoupon'] ) ) < $this->vendor->vendor_min_pov) { # seyi_code
    ?>

• Default avatar
    florian7    
     3 years ago

thank you!
    Regarding 1.): I am using weight_countries shipping method with different rates for different countries. In the coupon options I can only select "shipping germany" and the coupon shipping option, all other country shipping options are not available to select
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

I am not sure.  Just tested this locally, created multiple weight_country shipping methods and they show when creating the coupon.  Are all your shipping methods enabled?

Also if you want the gift certificate to work with all your shipping methods you could create a dummy method, set the min order value to a very high number, so it never shows, and in the voucher, exclude that shipping method, so it should work with everything else.