Gift Certificate Add on?

• Default avatar
    alton9    
     3 years ago

I'm looking to add to a gift certificates for the holidays. If customer buys a $50 GC, we'll add another $10 to make it $60. If they buy $100 they receive another $20. So certificate reads $60 cart shows $50. Can this be done? Thank you
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

The gift certificate function allows you to sell any type of coupon you can create.  So you can't have the code do it, but you can manually do it.  If you have a gift certificate product you sell for $50, then you can set the gift certificate coupon generated to $60.  Would have to manually do it for each product.
  • Default avatar
    alton9    
     3 years ago

Where do I do it manually? "set the gift certificate coupon generated to $60." I only show one gift certificate under coupons and or gift certificates
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

You create your gift certificate template where you set the amount to 60:

Then you go to awocoupon > tools > gift certificate products, edit the product, select the template, and set 'Price Calculation Type' to template.
  • Default avatar
    alton9    
     3 years ago

Sorry makes no sense to me. Can't what is currently on the site be changed instead of starting a new template? https://beefjerkyunlimited.com/beef-chicken-pork-jerky-selections/beef-jerky-unlimited-gift-items/beef-jerky-gift-certificates/beef-jerky-unlimited-gift-certificates-1-detail.html

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Sure you can change your already existing template, as long as you are using different templates for each amount (giftcert product)
  • Default avatar
    alton9    
     3 years ago

Only One template