Error updating database

• Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

Updating AwoCoupon from 3.5.7.1 on Joomla 3.9.19 and tried to update to AWOCoupon 3.6.0.1

Received the following error on install:

Error updating database

Using with Hikashop 4.4.0

Please advise.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

You could manually update it.

Go into the folder
    /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/awocoupon/library/install/upgrade/sql/

There you will find sql files corresponding to the versions sql update. Run the files you need, updating #__ for your actual database prefix.

Then run the command:
    UPDATE #__awocoupon_config SET value="3.6.0.1" WHERE name="AWOCOUPON_VERSION_DB"

• Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

Getting the following error when trying to run queries from the. 3.5.7.sql file (after updating #__ of course)

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'coupon_code'

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Yes, this is probably why the update is failing.  Look closely at the errors.  If the column already exists then you do not need to add it, so skip as needed.
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

Thank you. I'll work through it line by line. Do I need to execute the queries for each file or only the version I upgraded from? e.g. just 3.5.7.sql or 3.5.7.sql,  3.5.8.sql, 3.5.9.sql and 3.6.0.sql?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

You already had 3.5.7.1, so just these:
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

Worked through line by line for the files mentioned. Now I am getting an endless loop in the AWOcoupon dashboard. I've cleared the cache and same issue. Any ideas?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

In the file /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/awocoupon_j3.xml, change the version line to this

<version>3.6.0.1</version>

And that should do it.
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

Thank you! That did it for the dashbaord. However, I'm getting a similar issue on the Reports page. Just loads endlessly.

JS Console shows the following: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

For this URL: /administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&tmpl=component&no_html=1&ajax=yes&type=admin&view=report&urlx=%2Fadministrator%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_awocoupon%23%2Fawocoupon%2Freport&cache=609012

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

Not sure.  Might it be browser cache?  Possible to send me a private message with temp admin access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

Access info sent via private message. Thank you for taking a look!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Here is the error:

Can you look in the file:
    /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/awocoupon/library/install/mysql.install.sql

And verify all those tables are installed in your database.

• Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

They all appear to be there minus that one.

• Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

I added the missing table and it now appears to be working correctly everywhere! Thank you!

One other question: In Reports is there a way to schedule these? For example, we would like to automatically send out the Customer Balance Report to an admin via email once per week.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

No you would have to create a function and a cron to do something like that automatically.
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     3 years ago

kk - Thank you for your help!