Giftcard and tax

• Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

I am setting up site with virtuemart 3. Giftcard works selling out but using have issues with tax. As I need to use gift without tax (we have multible taxes) in cart after tax. Total sum is fine but the virtuemart_order_calc_rules table change item calc_result after putting coupon code in cart. Tax calculation need (in our case) to same as before code. This is for accounting after sales.

Is there way to use coupon code without tax update ?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

If I understand, you need gift card processing to be after tax?  In AwoCoupon > configuration > general, did you set it as such?
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

Yes, I use that config. Even so the calc_result change after setting giftcard code.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Ok, would need more information.  Maybe even images of what it is and what it should be with an actual example.  Right now, I really do not understand the problem.
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

Cart: item 35 euros, tax 14%
    no coupon -> calc_amount 4,30 and calc_result 4,30 
    10% coupon (tax calculation before tax, voucher exclude) -> calc_amount 4,30 and calc_result 3.87000 .... OK

10€ gift (discount after tax) -> calc_amount 4,30 and calc_result 3.07000 .... not ok to me.

in my case we need to pay taxes full amount with gift card because we had the money earlier when gift was sold with no tax.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

No able to produce.

- I enabled a VAT tax rule in Virtuemart
    - In AwoCoupon > configuration, I have Tax calculation ( gift certificate ) set to Discount after ax
    - I create a $10 coupon, and set function type to gift certificate
    - In front end I use the $10 gift cert
    - When I look in virtuemart_order_calc_rules for that order I see calc_amoutn and calc_result as the same amount, the full tax amount

How did you setup  your tax calculation rule?
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

My taxes are: VatTax, +% and 14

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

i am using VatTax +% 25, so not the issue.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

In awocoupon > installation check, do you have everything installed?
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

Yes, all installed and publish.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Try uninstlaling and installing calculationh.php item.  Then run a new test.  If that does not work, then it would need debugging, not sure.  For that you can send me temp access via private message.
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

I do that. Can you tell how I can detect from vm cart data array the difference between coupon and giftcard ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Vm cart does not hold that information, you would have to reference it in AwoCoupon.
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

After much checking, I notice that this behavior is vm 3.8.x not in 3.6.x. My live site is still 3.6 and dev is 3.8.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Not sure if that is the problem either.  My above test is in Virtuemart 3.8.4.  Exactly what version are you running in dev?
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

Latest + 3.8.6 10373
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Just tested latest, still working fine.
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

Mystery, my 3.6 works ok but from that update 3.8 does not. Same server and config.
  • Default avatar
    jarkko    
     3 years ago

From where this isVmVat line in cartData comes from ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

It is set within Awocoupon, set to true if a taxRulesBill is in the cart.