Buy X Get Y + 10% discount

• Default avatar
    jimmy8    
     10 years ago

I'm trying to setup a Buy X Get Y for category A and get a 10% discount from category B.

I've made the two coupons to do this. Than I made a parent coupon with both coupons in it and set it to "ONLY if all apply". Then set this coupon in Automatic Discounts.

This works how it supposed to work. But what I really want is Buy X Get Y free with a option to get 10% discount, but only if Buy x Get Y free is used.

So you can use Buy x Get Y and don't have to use the 10% discount coupon to get a free item.

Is this even possible?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

What you are trying to do requires another coupon and an edit of the current one.

In the buy x get y coupon you created for the parent coupon, set the value to 0 and save.

So now the parent coupon would check to see if customer qualifies for the buy x get y coupon and if so give them the discount for both buy x get y and the 10%. Since the buy x get y is 0, then they would only receive the 10%.

Then you have to create a separate buy x get y coupon but this time with the correct value.

You can then add both to the automatic discount list and make sure in awocoupon->configuration you have multiple coupons set to yes, and automatic discount max to at least 2.
  • Default avatar
    jimmy8    
     10 years ago

Thank you. It's working now.

But I had to set the value to 0.00001 to make it work. If it was set to 0 it would give the 10% discount even if only 1 item was in the cart.