Automatic coupon and multiple coupon

• Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

I have set Multiple coupon on Yes.

Enable Store coupons on Yes.

I set one free shipping coupon (xy), one product discount coupon.

I set one automatic coupon with xy coupon.

When user go to checkout, there is automatic coupon aplyed, but customer cant put another coupon. There is no input field.

So I need to use automatic coupon and customer input coupon at same time.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

Hello,

What shopping cart are you using?

And what version?
  • Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

Oh, sorry.

It is Hikashop 4.3.0

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Ok, so by default in Hikashop, once a coupon is used, the coupon code field disappears.  Hikashop allows you to change this through a plugin.  Can you verify that everything is installed in awocoupon > installation check?

If so, then not sure, might be having issues finding the code to alter.  In which case can you send me a private message with access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

Hikashop and system awocoupon both installed and enabled.
  • Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

Notice: I have updated to Hikashop 4.4.0 with no change.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

On a default Hikashop installation, , there is a remove button like this:

That remove button is What AwoCoupon looks for nd is used to trigger re-adding the text field, but in your installation, you do not have this button when you use a coupon code:

So the code is not triggered.

What you can do is update the template directly.  Find the file
    /templates/[YOUR_TEMPLATE]/html/com_hikashop/checkout/coupon.php

I cannot really give you direct code to edit it, because I do not know what is in it, but happy to help edit it if you send it to me.

• Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

I do not have any template overrides for checkout or coupons.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Then add it

Copy the file /components/com_hikashop//views/checkout/tmpl/coupon.php

Not really sure what is going on, maybe its not even using this checkout template.  Do you have some type of checkout extension?
  • Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

No, I do not have any checkout extensions. I have remove button (it is diferent icon), but is only showing on non automatic coupons.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

That is strange, it should show the remove button for all coupons.  Hikashop does not differentiate between AwoCoupon normal coupons and AwoCoupon automatic discounts.  Ok, so one of 2 choices:
    1. create a template override of coupon.php and modify it to the coupon field is always displayed, likely the file show_block_coupon.php
    2. would need to debug it directly as I cannot produce the behavior.  For that would need temp admin/ftp access.
  • Default avatar
    dmytro5    
     3 years ago

Hello!

I've got an opposite question regarding this thread. How to disable an ability to use coupons if an automatic discount has already been applied in the cart?

Awo 3.5.6.2

VM3

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago
    +1

dmytro5 @ Dec 5, 2020, 9:36:04 AM
    Hello!

I've got an opposite question regarding this thread. How to disable an ability to use coupons if an automatic discount has already been applied in the cart?

Awo 3.5.6.2

VM3

You would need at least version 3.5.9, where cart scenarios have been added.  And to setup, you would go to

awocoupon > configuration > multiple coupons > Allowed cart scenarios

and select the options:

- Coupon
    - Giftcert
    - Coupon + Giftcert
    - Automatic

• Default avatar
    dmytro5    
     3 years ago

seyi @ Dec 5, 2020, 3:50:50 PM
    dmytro5 @ Dec 5, 2020, 9:36:04 AM
    Hello!

Awo 3.5.6.2

VM3

You would need at least version 3.5.9, where cart scenarios have been added.  And to setup, you would go to

awocoupon > configuration > multiple coupons > Allowed cart scenarios

and select the options:

- Coupon
    - Giftcert
    - Coupon + Giftcert
    - Automatic

thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

seyi @ Dec 4, 2020, 5:50:32 PM
    2. would need to debug it directly as I cannot produce the behavior.  For that would need temp admin/ftp access.

Thanks for the access.  I took a look and found that you have created 2 different coupons to give free shipping..  One in AwoCoupon and the other in Hikashop which are both enabled.  Adding the product to the cart triggers both coupons and interferes with how AwoCoupon works.

I went ahead and disabled the Hikashop free shipping coupon in Hikashop > orders > coupons, id of 8.

Seems to work as expected now.
  • Default avatar
    mat411    
     3 years ago

Ok, this seems logic. But there is another problem. So there is no way to have 2 free shipping coupons?

I have 2 and each have own logic (products are not the same). One is by product and other is by category.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Yes, you can have 2 free shipping coupons.  But if one of them is within Hikashop and it is automatic, Hikashop will remove the x button.  It is best to create both free shipping coupons within AwoCoupon.