Issue with discount order total being sent to PayPal express

• Default avatar
    michael54    
     3 years ago

Hello

I have AwoCoupon installed on Joomla with Hikashop. I am running into an odd issue with the 15% off $80+ coupon when payment chosen is PayPal express. On the Hikashop order page it shows correct adjusted total but when sent to PayPal it is the full amount. Two customers have had this happen and when I try and reproduce it send the discount amount. If customers use the Authorize.net payment method discount total is used. I am not sure where what I could have missed for this odd issue to happen.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

Is number of uses total set to 1 for this coupon?
  • Default avatar
    michael54    
     3 years ago

Set to 1 per cus
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

When you click the paypal express button, an order is automatically created.  By default, this will mark the coupon as used, and unable to use it again since you have it set to 1 use per customer.  If for some reason the customer does not pay and comes back to the store, they will not be able to use that coupon again.  I am guessing something like this is causing your issue.

In awocoupon > configuration > triggers, there is the option:
         Order state to trigger coupon processing

Try setting it to a confirmed stage, instead of order creation.
  • Default avatar
    michael54    
     3 years ago

I have made the change. Just waiting for the next order the uses the coupon to be made.
  • Default avatar
    michael54    
     3 years ago

The suggestion has solved the issue. Finally had a PayPal express order that used the coupon. Thanks for your help.