Standard coupon code, to be used once per user upon registration

• Default avatar
    kaizendeep    
     3 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Okay so i've got AwoCoupons Pro and AwoRewards, and right now i've got it set up that once a user registers, they are sent an email that has a discount code. Now in AWCP, this code is generated by the component for each user on a AWR registration trigger, which works great.

My Question is this: Can i set this up so that i use a code for example REGIS-NOW which can only be used once per user upon registration instead of the system generated ones, and how do i go about it?

Would really appreciate your guidance on this :)

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

No, the purpose of AwoRewards in this case is to generate a new coupon.  You could still use AwoRewards and just enter the hard coded 'REGIS-NOW' coupon code and exclude the {coupon_code} in the email template.  But a new coupon code would still be generated on registration.  It might be better to just disable the AwoRewards rule and add the code to the actual registration email. 

There are extensions for modifying system emails if you do not already have one, for example:

• Default avatar
    kaizendeep    
     3 years ago

I see. Thanks for pointing me to that extension, its very helpful. So then can i set the rule in AWCP that the specific coupon is to be used once for each user upon the activation of their account by entering "1" in the "Number of Uses per Customer" field?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Yes.  The coupon will work for all users registered and anonymous.  To get it to work for just new registration requires a little work:

- create a new group, old users
    - add all current users to that group
    - when setting up the coupon exclude that group

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

One other note, if you were just trying to track all the codes generated for registration, you can do this already.  On the coupon list, you can filter by the specific coupon template you used in AwoRewards, and that will show you a list of all coupons generated on registration.  You can also do this in reports and export it to csv.
  • Default avatar
    kaizendeep    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

Okay, so the coupon i've generated is restricted to default shoppers only. For unregistered users, it won't work which is perfect. But for registered users, on inserting to code to the coupon field, initially the coupon will be reflected. Then if i hit the "X" or cancel i can't use the code again although i've not done any checking out. These are my settings, what am i doing wrong here?

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently all the billing details have to be in before it works..