VAT calculation on Coupon

• Default avatar
    jeroenb    
     3 years ago

Hi,

I have done some testing regarding the VAT calculation, and I could use some help understanding how this works.
    I created two test orders, one when aWO setting was 'Discount before VAT' and one set on 'Discount after VAT'.
    Both orders resulted in the same total amount, with the same order details, that is not right is it?

Both orders contains one product, worth €80,00 incl 9% VAT. The coupon value is 20%.

I would expect the order created on Discount before VAT to be €65,32 (80-((80/1,09)*20%)
    And the order created on Discount after VAT to be €64,00 (80-(80*20%)

However, both order and up at €64,00.

Do I need to configure something more for this to work? ie calculate discount on the price excluding VAT?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

They would have the same total using a percent discount:

The difference should be in tax.  In awocoupon > history you should see different amounts dedicated to the discount.

On an amount discount the totals would be different.
  • Default avatar
    jeroenb    
     3 years ago

The coupon history is empty for this coupon. The invoices are exactly the same: invoices PDF
  • Default avatar
    jeroenb    
     3 years ago

Maybe worth noting: I use VirtuePlanet OnePageCheckout as checkout page.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

The coupon history being empty is a different problem.  In configuration do you have  the cancel trigger set?  And did you cancel your test orders?  If so then the history would not contain any data for the coupon used.  And for the invoice, the link does not show anything.  The tax is the same on both?  Is this virtuemart invoice or a third party?
  • Default avatar
    jeroenb    
     3 years ago

yes, the history is configured with the Cancel trigger, so that is clear.

I will recreate the orders with the different VAT settings and supply you with new info.

For the invoices I use ARTIO's VM invoice 3.