Feature request - allow customers to unsubscribe from coupon reminders

• Default avatar
    peter10    
     3 years ago

Hi Seyi!

I'm about to launch a big e-mail marketing campaign where thousands of customers and followers will receive their personal coupon codes. Fortunately, AwoCoupon handles this with ease :D.

Obviously I'm not going to be able to convert 100% of my targets so I've made it really easy for them to unsubscribe from my e-mails and never hear from me again. Sending promotions to people who don't want it is a very bad practice ;).

However I'm a bit concerned about the "Reminders" feature in AwoCoupon, since there's no way for the receiver to unsubscribe.

In my opinion it's critical to remind customers that their coupons are about to expire (it's really a great way to raise sales) but without an option to unsubscribe it feels too risky to send out mass e-mails (some people will definitely get annoyed and most likely report me as spam).

I wonder if there are any plans to implement an "unsubscribe"-feature here? I think it would benefit everybody. Something really simple would do just fine.

As an option I tried to use Acymailing with query filters to fetch the data from the database but the structure isn't really suitable for this as far as I can tell, as it would require several checks in different tables to figure out expiration date etc, I don't think Acymailing is suitable for this task.

Curious to hear your thoughts here!

Best wishes

Peter

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

Will not be adding such a feature to AwoCoupon.  What I could add though is trigger, that will let an external plugin have access to the reminders that should be sent before they are sent.  And with that, can modify add/remove/edit the data before sending.
  • Default avatar
    peter10    
     3 years ago

seyi @ Aug 20, 2020, 2:02:03 PM
    Hello,

Will not be adding such a feature to AwoCoupon.  What I could add though is trigger, that will let an external plugin have access to the reminders that should be sent before they are sent.  And with that, can modify add/remove/edit the data before sending.

Sounds like a great solution to me :).

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

In the next update, after 3.5.9.1, you can intercept in a system or awocoupon plugin
    <?php

/**
         * Called before processing reminders 1, 2, or 3 within AwoCoupon
         * @param string    $cron_type: reminder1, reminder2, reminder3
         * @param string     $reminder_rows: array of items to send
         **/
        public function awocouponBeforeCronReminder $cron_type, & $reminder_rows ) {
        }
    ?>