I have a few questions regarding setting up a gift certificate.

• Default avatar
    ellen5    
     3 years ago

1. I set up the product Gift Certificate in Hikashop. When setting this up  shopping cart (Hikashop), do I set a price amount or is that done when I create the AWOCoupon?
    2.Once I create the product in Hikashop, I created a coupon template. I set a price and selected the product categories that it can be used for.
    3. Then I created a Gift Certificate Product in AWO, selected the Product in Hikashop, the Coupon Template that I just created in AWO.
    4. I created 4 custom fields in Hikashop in the Item category for From Name, Recipient Name, Email and Message and added the column name to the appropriate field in the Gift Certificate Product interface. I set the custom fields to show only for the Gift Certificate category in Hikashop.
    5. Now I want to test it. I created a page on my website to select the gift certificate to purchase. The purchase went through, and I, as the gift recipient, got the email with the voucher, but as the gift giver, I did not get an email. Disable gift certificate email to customer is set at NO in the configuration. I don't necessarily want the purchaser to get the coupon code, just a confirmation that it was sent. What setting do I need?
    6. I then made a purchase using the gift certificate coupon code. It applied it as expected. Not all of it was used. Is there a way to show the visitor how much is left next time they visit? I tried using the menu item Gift Certificate Balance but it showed $0 balance, No records found, even though I was logged in. I tried entering the coupon code and click apply, but then I got and Error message:
    Restricted Gift Certificate
    Error
    I also tried the customer Balance module, but ti too just has  a $0 balance.I tried to make another purchase and apply the coupon and it worked applying the balance, as expected. Is there a way to. Is there a way to show the visitor how much is left next time they visit? 
    7. I would like to use my own image for the voucher. If my mage background is darker or lighter than the ones that come with the component, how/ where do I style the color and size of the fonts used? How do I add the appropriate text dynamically to the voucher?

I would appreciate anyone who can guide me through this process.
    Thanks,
    Ellen

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

1. I set up the product Gift Certificate in Hikashop. When setting this up  shopping cart (Hikashop), do I set a price amount or is that done when I create the AWOCoupon?
    Not sure what you mean here.  Are you referring to the price of the gift certificate?  You can create one coupon template in AwoCoupon and when connecting the coupon template to the gift certificate product set 'Price calculation type' to 'base price'.  That way when creating the gift certificate it uses the base price of the product you setup in Hikashop.

5. Now I want to test it. I created a page on my website to select the gift certificate to purchase. The purchase went through, and I, as the gift recipient, got the email with the voucher, but as the gift giver, I did not get an email. Disable gift certificate email to customer is set at NO in the configuration. I don't necessarily want the purchaser to get the coupon code, just a confirmation that it was sent. What setting do I need?
    The only option here is to cc the purchaser.  You can do this by going to awocoupon > tools > email templates.  Modify the email template that is being sent to the customer and check the box 'Cc Purchaser' and save.

6. I then made a purchase using the gift certificate coupon code. It applied it as expected. Not all of it was used. Is there a way to show the visitor how much is left next time they visit? I tried using the menu item Gift Certificate Balance but it showed $0 balance, No records found, even though I was logged in. I tried entering the coupon code and click apply, but then I got and Error message:
    Restricted Gift Certificate
    Error
    I also tried the customer Balance module, but ti too just has  a $0 balance.I tried to make another purchase and apply the coupon and it worked applying the balance, as expected. Is there a way to. Is there a way to show the visitor how much is left next time they visit? 
    So there are a few options here.  After user of a "purchased" gift certificate, it is automatically added to the recipient's coupon account.  The customer can view the balance on the awocoupon coupon page here:
    index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=coupons

The other option would be to add it to AwoCoupon balance, which is what you tried to do manually by going to the Gift Certificate balance screen and entering the code.  It did not work because to add to the balance the gift certificate has to be of gift certificate type and have no restrictions, example, cannot exclude a category/product..etc.  So this option may not work for you.  But if you did not have any restrictions on the gift certificate, you could enable AwoCoupon balance in  admin > awocoupon > configuration > awocoupon balance and set 'Automatically add valid Gift Certificate to Balance on coupon usage' to 'yes'.  Using a module you can then display the customer balance in their account which they can use directly in the cart as a discount.

7. I would like to use my own image for the voucher. If my mage background is darker or lighter than the ones that come with the component, how/ where do I style the color and size of the fonts used? How do I add the appropriate text dynamically to the voucher?
    In awocoupon > tools > email templates, you can add or edit an email template.  Then scroll down to the "image" section, select your image, then you can use the interface to configure how the image looks.
  • Default avatar
    ellen5    
     3 years ago

This has been most helpful. Thank you so much!
  • Default avatar
    gerald    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

I create a product in hikashop with a baseprice of 200,- and added 2 options (+50,- and +70,-), is it possible to generate gift certificates which include the whole baseprice and price for the option (200+50=250 or 200+70=270)?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

When setting up the gift certificate product, set the price calculation type to base price.
  • Default avatar
    ellen5    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

You were very helpful answering my previous questions, I hope you can help me further. I believe I have everything configured properly, but I am having a few issues:
    1. When I try to load the email template to edit the gift certificate image, the page doesn't load. I just see the 'loading circle'. I read in the blog that has the Gift Certificate tutorial, and in the comments, someone said the path for the image is in administrator/component/com_awocoupon/assets/giftcert/images.  There is no giftcert folder in my assets folder. However,I do see administrator/component/com_awocoupon/awocoupon/media/giftcert/images. I reinstalled the component in case it somehow got corrupted but that is where it is. I even tried copying the giftcert folder in the assets folder but no difference. The same thing happens when I try to create a New email template.
    2. When I try to purchase a Gift Certificate, after clicking on Finish (I am using Hikashop)it times out or I get a 500 error  instead of processes and takes me to the Paypal page. This isn't a problem with other products. Oddly though, I do get an email with the gift certificate (as the recipient) probably because I set notification to created and confirmed. Also, the coupon code appears in the back end and is usable. So if someone tries to apply it for a purchase, it works.
    3 I tried to create a menu item for the Coupon Balance, but even though I know there was a balance,it does not show any.
    Please help me figure this out. We really want to get this up and running before the holiday season.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

1.  There is probably a php error that needs to be debugged.
    2.  It is probably related to number 1, another php error
    3.  The balance works on cache, it may not have been updated.  If you log out and log back in, should show the right balance.

For number 1 and 2, really not sure, but would like to look at it.  Possible to send me a private message with temp access?
  • Default avatar
    ellen5    
     3 years ago

Sure, how do I make it private?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Click on the envelop next to my name.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for the access.
    1.  Error with AwoCoupon mixing objects and arrays, causing a php error.  I fixed it by updating the file:
    \administrator\components\com_awocoupon\awocoupon\admin\controller\class-awocoupon-admin-controller-profile.php line 47, changed
    <?php

if ( ! empty( $row->img ) ) {
    ?>
    to
    <?php

if ( ! empty( $row->img ) && ! is_object$row->img ) ) {
    ?>

2.  This was a configuration issue.  Basically in awocoupon > configuration > gift certificate product, you had set:
    Order status for sending automatic email: confirmed
    Order status to set after sending automatic email: confirmed
    The first option checks if the order is in confirmed, and if so, send out the gift certificate.  The second option changes the order to confirmed after the gift certificate email has been sent.  Somehow this gets into an infinite loop.  Obviously, need to do a check within the code to stop this, but for a quick fix, I set the second option to blank.