Gift Certificate to be use once and from recipient email Id only

• Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

Hi,
    First thanks for this awesome component; it really work so great.

1- I would like to know if it's possible to limit the use of a gift certificate/voucher to be used only once to make it work as a coupon actually but i can't use the coupon model as i need Voucher code to be send by email. So once a user use a voucher code received in his Gift certifcate by email, he won't be able to use the same code again even if balance is still not null. Where can i check for that in the code?

2- How can I limit the use of a gift certifcate to only the recipient email adress only. Is the voucher code link to the recipient email the user provide when buying the gift certificate? because from my test, the voucher code can be use by any user on the website even if his email from his user account is not the email on the Recipient email ID.

Thanks for time and keep up the good work
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

1.  You can sell any coupon AwoCoupon can create.  It does not have to be a gift certificate.  So create a template of a coupon you want to sell, a 1 time use coupon and in awocoupon > tools > gift certificate product, connect that template to the gift certificate product.

2.  AwoCoupon does not have the function to limit a coupon to an email address.  You can limit coupons to a registered user, but not an email address.
  • Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

Thanks seyo for your quick answer. It's highly appreciated.
    For number 1, i'll try this way then and see if recipient ID still received the coupon code by email.
    For number 2, got it, i thought the coupon was actually lock to the email adress specified in the Recipient Email Field, so only a user with this email address on his account should be able to use that coupon, but yes as far as someone know the coupon Code he can use it then.
    Thanks again for you time and keep up the good work.
  • Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

Hi Seyo, Hope you're doing Well and Safe.
    I've setup the Gif certificate  to use a coupon Template. The gift certificate is then send by email after purshase.
    But When I enter the Coupon Code received by email in eshop cart, I' have a "coupon invalid or expired" error.
    When the template is a Gif Certificate it works, when it's a coupon it doesn't.

I tried to manually create a coupon code and it work well when used on frontEnd, the coupon is apply but then there is an error message about the last coupon not working "Eshop coupon Apply Error".
    I even tried with both the sender and receiver email account but i got the same issue.
    Can you please help me resolve this issue?

I've updated joomla, eshop and AwoCoupon all to the latest version
    Joomla 3.9.19, Awo 3.5.9.0 and eshop 3.3.0

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Coupon code sent received by emailAuto created coupon from Template after purshase

Coupon configuration as templateGift Card using the coupon templateError from previous Coupon showed when using new coupon code created manually

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello,

To test the code generated on purchase, please go to awocoupon > configuration > error messages, click the debug button and save.  Then try the coupon again in the front end to see what message you receive.
  • Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

Hi Seyi, thanks for your quick reply,
    I tried what you said.
    When I use the coupon the first error I get is always the Same, it's the Eshop defaut Error ESHOP_COUPON_APPLY_ERROR
    I have to use another working coupon created manually in the backend, then this coupon is applied, but then I can now see an Error for the previous coupon used. The new error is "(exclure) Produits en réduction" which mean "(exclude) Discounted Products".
    But the product I have in my cart is not discounted actually.
    So I opened the Coupon in the backend and uncheck all 3 checkbox for exclude special, exclude discounted and exclude gifcert and it works.

So the Product I've add to my cart is not a Special Product nor that have any discount on it.
    What's the purpose of the 3 checkbox actually. Maybe this is a bug?
  • Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

It's when the First Checbox is checked that the coupon is rejected on frontend. When I uncheck the coupon is successfully applied on the cart;
    What's the use of this one. Because the french mean "Exclude discounted Product" similar to the second checkbox that is not translated in french?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Ok, so in my testing, I created a coupon template similar to your for purchase.  I checked all 3 exclude boxes.  In the front end, purchased the product and received the coupon code.  On another order, I applied the coupon code received, and for me it was accepted without issue.  I did not receive the "ESHOP_COUPON_APPLY_ERROR" error.

As to your question, the 'Exclude discounted products' will exclude any products from the discount where the base price is more than the current price of the product in the cart.

• Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

That's weird then, because I keep having this error each time i check the first checkbox.
    So what does it mean If i don't check the first checkbox.
    I mean, the second is to exclude all product that already have a discount on the price
    the Third is to exclude Product used a Gift Certifcate
    So what do you mean by Exclude special from the First checkbox?
  • Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

Now both latest checkbox checked, when I use the coupon on a cart with w product already in discount or special price, the coupon is still applied even when I check "Exclude discounted Product" :-(
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

I am getting really confused.

Ok, so there are 2 checkboxes

Exclude products on special:
    If you have a published special here, then it is considered special

Exclude products on discount:
    If you have a published discount here, then it is considered discounted

• Default avatar
    khalil    
     3 years ago

Yes Seyi,  I figured it out looking at the Key translation, the french translation is what was confusing me actually, it's not accurate.
    But still having the same issue, when a product has a special price or is in discount, the Coupon is still applied
    I've tried reinstalling awoCoupon on top of exising website but still having the same issue.
    In the configuration, i've re-install Core Eshop Coupon helper that was mark as missing after upgrading Eshop/AwoCoupon but it didnt resolve the issue. I'll put the website online and then mayble you can login to check what's wrong if you have time for this.
    I'll let you Know. Thanks again for you great support, it's highly appreciated.