how to generate coupons?

• Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

hello! i need to generate some coupons (over 100) for one manufacturer in virtuemart, and then, export this coupons for mailling list. how to do this?

• Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

I create one coupon with type = template. But it saved as coupoin, instead.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

As you have done, creating a template is the first step.  A coupon can be a template, published, unpublished or a customer balance, so it is fine that it is saved as a coupon.

Then you can go to awocoupon > coupons > generate coupons.  There you start entering the name of the coupon template you created and it should show in the dropdown, select it and set how many to generate.

Then go to awocoupon > tools > reports and select coupon list.  Under the coupon template dropdown, select the template you just used for generating coupons and select status to published, then run.  On the report you will see an excel image, click on it to export to csv.
  • Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

wow, super.

thanks!

but i cannot find, how to set rules of coupon generation?

i need 6-symbols, all CAPS

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

At this point it is not possible to set that when generating coupons, will add it to the list.  For now, you could use something else to generate your codes and use the textarea, coupon code per line section to generate the coupons with the codes you want.
  • Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

So, next question is: how to import generated coupon codes with link to coupon template?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

You enter the coupons in the text area in generate coupon screen, one per line and run
  • Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

seyi @ Apr 27, 2020, 4:48:38 PM
    You enter the coupons in the text area in generate coupon screen, one per line and run
    yes, it's logical. i understand. but how to bind them to the desired template?
  • Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

Since I cannot generate coupons in the application, I will make them outside. After importing, I want them to refer to the correct template. A specific percentage of discount tied to a specific manufacturer. For this, I made a template. But I could not generate coupons according to the model. And after importing, I don’t know how to bind to a template.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Any coupon you generate on the generate coupon page is bound to the template it is generated with automatically.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

If you import you cannot bind them to a template.

You can generate coupons either by entering a number of coupons to generate or entering the coupon codes you want to generate, this will bind to the template.
  • Default avatar
    anton2    
     3 years ago

Then your option is limited. It does not allow the use of a template for coupon numbers. And my numbers cannot be attached to a template. This is a dead end.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago
    +1

I do not understand what this means.

So simply put, you go to awocoupon > coupons > generate coupon
    - select the template
    - in coupon code field, enter some codes, for example:
         coupon_code_1
         coupon_code_2
    - Save
    On the coupon list you should have coupon_code_1 and coupon_code_2 which are now attached to the template you used to generate it.

What am I missing?