Need help with coupon configuration

• Default avatar
    ellen5    
     3 years ago

I have a Joomla/Hikashop site.  I want to offer a promo code that will allow a subscriber to the site to use it towards one product, only one time in a given category. It will be available to a number of subscribers, but each can use it only once.
    Then I want another promo code to allow the subscriber to use it 2 times only.
    What are the settings to create this? I can I be sure that it is integrating with Hikashop?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Hello

I want to offer a promo code that will allow a subscriber to the site to use it towards one product
    When creating a coupon, on the product list, you can select the specific product the coupon is good for

only one time in a given category
    As with specific product above, you can also select specific category that a coupon is valid for

It will be available to a number of subscribers, but each can use it only once
    You can set the "Number of uses per customer" to 1.  It will validate based on the email address used for the order

Then I want another promo code to allow the subscriber to use it 2 times only
    There are 2 settings, "Number of uses total", which is the total amount of times a coupon can be used, and / or "Number of uses per customer", which counts how many times any one customer can use a coupon.  You can set both, or one of the settings as per your requirements.

I can I be sure that it is integrating with Hikashop?
    AwoCoupon is fully integrated with Hikashop.
  • Default avatar
    ellen5    
     3 years ago

Thank you for your response. Does Number of uses total limit how many times the coupon can be used  totally? So if set for 2 , does that mean only 2 customers can use it? Or any one customer can only use it 2 times?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

Does Number of uses total limit how many times the coupon can be used  totally?
    ==> yes

2 customers can use it? Or any one customer can only use it 2 times?
    => either

If you wanted to limit it to 1 user per customer for a total of 2 uses then you would set:
    Number of uses total: 2
    Number of uses per customer: 1