Add gift certificate to balance - negative value coupon

• Default avatar
    micha    
     4 years ago

Is it somehow possible to add negative value to the user account through the "Add gift certificate to balance" option? If not could you add that functionality? It would ease my life a lot ;) because now if I need to substract some amount from the user balance I need to 0 his account and then add balance again.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

You can mark gift certificate used, which will subtract from it.

So go to admin > awocoupon > history of uses > balance > add new

Enter the gift certificate you want to subtract from and the discount and save.
  • Default avatar
    micha    
     4 years ago

Hmm I'm not sure if I explained it clearly, basically what I would like to do is enter Add to Customer Balance -> type Customer -> use Template -> enter negative value that will be removed from the Customer Balance

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

That is not currently possible.  The balance are just gift certificate coupons with remaining value tagged to users.   So the solution I gave above will work, just requires a little bit more work.

Just realized I have a typo in the above solution, the place to go is awocoupon > history of uses > coupons > add new

In reality would not give the option as you have in your image, it would be in history of uses, the difference is instead of having to select a coupon, you can select a user's balance to deduct from.
  • Default avatar
    micha    
     4 years ago

Ok, I wasn't sure how this works but now I see that it actually substract from balance when you enter Coupon Code and desired amount in the first Discount (Product) or Discount (Shipping) field but what Discount (Product), Discount (Shipping) and Order ID fields that are below do?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Email: is the identifer for a coupon usage.  If you create a coupon with number of uses per customer set, when calculating how many times the coupon has been used by a specific customer, the email address is used in this calculation, not the user id, which is optional

Discount: is the amount that is discounted by the coupon, and in a balance will be subtracted from the balance. this is your default currency

Second set of discount: more or less for show, this displays on the history of uses > coupon screen and just shows the discount the the actual currency  the customer got a discount in.  The first discount is important and actually what removes from the balance.
  • Default avatar
    micha    
     4 years ago

Clear enough, thanks!