Gift Certificate

• Default avatar
    eyefordesign    
     4 years ago

Hi i'm trying to set up the gift certificate, I want to be able to have the customer enter the value that they want. Is that possible or do I have to set up variants (drop down of set amounts)?

Also how do I set it so that it doesn't charge for shipping. Thanks

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

If this is virtuemart, there are a couple of extensions for that:

Again if Virtuemart, there is an AwoCoupon shipping method which you can activate, which gives free shipping if all products in the cart are gift certificates.
  • Default avatar
    eyefordesign    
     4 years ago

Yes, it's Virtuemart, can you show me how to activate that shipping method? Thanks
  • Default avatar
    eyefordesign    
     4 years ago

For this extension, https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/name-your-price-for-virtuemart/, can it be assigned to a specific product.  I only want it to work for certificates, not for any other product.  Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

It is like any shipping method in Virtuemart.  You go to the shipping section, select new, and select vmshipment-AwoCoupon free gift certificates shipping method and save.  It will only ever show up in the cart when ALL products in the cart are gift certificate products, otherwise never shows.

For the name your price extension, really a question for the developer, but I am pretty sure it uses custom fields so yes, should be able to setup specific products.
  • Default avatar
    alan49    
     4 years ago

Is this option available for eShop?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Does not seem that there is, from eshop itself:

• Default avatar
    flavio_giovanni    
     3 years ago

Hi Seyi, I just downloaded this free Plugin for Virtuemart https://open-tools.net/virtuemart/name-the-price.html

The plugin seems to work, but as soon as I get to the cart, it does not recognize the shipping method VmShipment - Awocoupon Free Gift Cerificates, returning this error in the cart:

'We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.'

Do you have some advice?

Thanks a lot

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Using AwoCoupon 3.5.8.3, Virtuemart 3.6.10 and latest name your price, not seeing any issues.  After setting it up and adding product to the cart, no issues selecting the AwoCoupon giftcert shipping method and confirming.  Must be something else.  Think you should first disable the name your price plugin and test to make sure.
  • Default avatar
    flavio_giovanni    
     3 years ago

Hi Seyi, thanks for your patience.

The product created with Plugin 'Name Your Price Plugin for VirtueMart' manages to see the shipping method 'VM Shipment - By weigth, ZIP and country' (default plugin) but don't see the Awocoupon shipping plugin.

I've tried to publish both shipping plugins and the cart only sees the Virtuemart plugin.

If I insert a normal product in the cart, without using the 'Name Your Price Plugin for VirtueMart' plugin, the cart sees the Awocoupon shipment.

Do you have any idea?

• Default avatar
    flavio_giovanni    
     3 years ago

Also purchased the component https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/name-your-price-for-virtuemart/ but the problem persists... it is as if the vmshipment - awocoupon plugin does not recognize the customized product.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago

Not really sure.  I do not understand how that plugin could affect shipping.

The AwoCoupon gift certificate shipping will only show in the cart if ALL the products in the cart are AwoCoupon gift certificate products.  So they would have had to be registered on the screen AwoCoupon > Tools > Gift certificate products.  Is that the case?
  • Default avatar
    flavio_giovanni    
     3 years ago

Thank you so much Seyi, there was a problem with the Gift Certificate Products settings.

Sorry for the waste of time, thanks again!