Promotional material with customer referral lilnk in AWOReferral

• Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Hi,
    How to show to user his AWO referral link he needs to use when posting on social media?

How can I create and show to user some some promotional banner, Photos & Text  or any other easy form of promotional text which automatically includes his custom referral ID so that each new customer/order will be automatically assigned as his referral?
    OnQ6FIE.png
    In fact thi is what I would expect to be able to show on promotion page so user can eventually copy this link and use wherever he wants to.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

The referral page for AwoRewards is the invitation page.  In admin you would go to aworewards->invitation, create an invitation type, email, twitter, ..etc and save.  This will then show on the front end.  In the invitation type you create, you can add the customer personal registration link tag, which will then show in the front end.
  • Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago

Hmm, thats ok so far but how can I create a banner or any other html marketing material like all affiliate systems to so user can just copy the content and it will already include his link, this is not clear tome?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

This is not a full fledged affiliate system and does not have that feature.  For advertising using the system, the customer would use the invitation page to send emails, post on facebook or twitter. 
  • Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago

Yes, I percieved you are making this difference. However, to me I do not really get the diference and thats maybe the confusion...
    To me its all the same, just one more different way for user or afiliate to promote the site
  • Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     4 years ago

Hello,

2 years have passed now. Were there any real meaningful improvements in awo rewarding which make it worthwile to buy again/renew??

Is it now possible to show to user his personal link (as in image above) in order to have it more practical both for user and for us??

Kind regards,
    Bernhard
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

You can find a list of changes in the release notes:

AwoRewards shows a registration link on the invitation page, if you use the {customer_link} tab.  If you wanted to create a generic customer link, you could with a little code:
    <?php
    $external_id 
    JFactory::getDBO()
        ->setQuery'SELECT external_id FROM #__aworewards_user WHERE user_id=' . (int) JFactory::getUser()->id )
        ->loadResult()
    ;
    $customer_link JURI::root() . '?auid=' $external_id;
    <
    div>
    ?>